Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What hydration pack/ top with built in spine protection.
  • tymbian
    Free Member

If I’m going to wear a pack it might as well have integrated protection right?

Recently saw a tight fit base layer that had spine protection, small bladder,a few pockets etc..i think it was alpinestars..no room for firstaid, spares etc. For bigger days out..
    Can you get a hydration pack with back protection?

sofaboy73
    Free Member

many of the evoc packs have spine protection (which is removable if needed) and I’ve got a feeling some of the new fox packs come with it

jamesfts
    Free Member

I hate riding with a pack but have found the Ergon BE1 to be about as good as it gets.

It is light weight, the bladder is down low and has a back protector. It comes in 2 sizes and is super adjustable so you can (with a bit of fiddling) get it so you forget you’re wearing it.

If you like to take the kitchen sink with you it may be lacking in storage space.

It is also the only pack I’ve ever needed to read the instruction booklet for!

poah
    Free Member

I use an EVOC FR – the main thing with these packs is that they have to fit very well and be tight or they won’t offer the protection.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

My Camelback has spine protection built in. Can’t remember the model name, its one of the larger ones.

jimdubleyou

I have an EVOC FR Pro for snowboarding. It’s a well thought out pack and pretty comfy far a day out on the slopes.

I imagine the bike specific ones are equally as good.

tymbian
    Free Member

Will check on the above thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What hydration pack/ top with built in spine protection.’ is closed to new replies.