Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • What HT frame?
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

So im looking at buying a new HT frame and doing a build over easter ready for summer riding.

The riding i will be doing is mostly stuff like singletrack at sherwood pines, wharncliffe etc.

Ive been looking at On-One frames but everyone has them and ive also fell in love with this years Giant xtc framkeset.

What do you guys recommend?

Budget is £350 tops.

br
    Free Member

I've had an XTC carbon, and one of my sons' has an alloy one (3.5 I think) – both very XC and really limited to 100mm fork.

If this is what you are after, good frame.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

ah it will be for mostly xc and RS Recons would be going on, that would be ok then i guess?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

small xtc seems pretty simillar geo wise to a 15.5 handjob xc that i have had before.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

If you have the cash and the time (and effort..) then buy a complete bike and flog the bits. Retail on a Giant frame is often very near to the price of the cheapest complete bike.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Still love my 06 XTC.Keep on looking around for replacements.
    Would love an Anthem but can`t afford it.
    Often considered an On One Scandal,but not sure if it would be that much better.

Really like the idea of a Soul,but expensive for what it is….

And in the meantime my XTC does everything I want of it.

nuke

Ive been looking at On-One frames but everyone has them

Maybe on the likes of STW but oddly enough I rarely see many On-Ones when I'm out cycling around the Surrey Hills. Given the size of Giant there has got to be way more XTCs out there.

montylikesbeer

£259.00, enough said

jae
    Free Member

i have a 17.5" handjob brand new….?

Clink

I would have thought that BluePig bit ott for purely xc?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

jae 17.5 is just too big for a midget like me, thanks tho

br
    Free Member

+1 new bike

Old, but new/cheap and a decent enough spec:

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b4s2p1264

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

yeah i saw that but at the moment its going to be a build over a few months so i don't have £500 ready to go.

Ill probably buy a frame and a chainset this month.

br
    Free Member

TBH it'll be cheaper to buy the bike, and sell the bits you don't want, then buying a frame (cheapest currently on goggle is £300) and chainset/chain/cassette (£150 SLX).

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

where is the frame for £300 br? ill be buying a deore chainset so looking at £50ish. i know there not the best but fine for me.

montylikesbeer

blue pig for me reads go anywhere

br
    Free Member

Just google, £300ish seemed the going rate for 2010.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=xtc+frame&btnG=Search&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

What is your other kit like, and if you are going for a new chainset you should also change chain and cassette.

And this one specifically gets you an air fork:
    http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b0s2p1264

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

cheers, already got some brand new recon sl 100mm air my mate took off his cube ltd , will be brand new cassette and chain, only thing ill be buying second hand is finishing kit and wheels.

lyons
    Free Member

Look at the mmmbop… Seriously nice bike. It is almost as quick up fireroads as my old scale, but it absolutely destroys singletrack. Probably the best bike for singletrack I have ever ridden. A friend had a go on mine and has now sdecided to sell his chameleon to buy one.., it weighs four pounds for the frame, so you can build up really light…

monkiman
    Free Member

MoseyMTB are you interested in LX chainset? looks like you're building up something like what i have over the last couple of months. I managed to build up a decent hardtail coming in at 26lbs. I've just bought an iron horse from CRC, so the hardtail has to go, will be splitting down and selling, got few slx bits deore bontrager. email me if interested?

Trekster

Clink – Member
    I would have thought that BluePig bit ott for purely xc?

Why???

MoseyMTB – Member
    cheers, already got some brand new recon sl 100mm air my mate took off his cube ltd , will be brand new cassette and chain, only thing ill be buying second hand is finishing kit and wheels.

cheap frame
    cheap frame 2

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Monkiman YGM

Norton
    Free Member

Pipedraem sirius looks really good value – what I would go for if I was buying (pity they don't do a 29er)

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘What HT frame?’ is closed to new replies.