Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What high volume 29er tyres for the back
  • singletracksurfer

looking for something around 2.4″, low profile to go on the back of a Singular Swift (which has a semi-fat front tyre).

Thanks.

enmac
    Free Member

I have a Hans Dampf 2.35 on the back paired with a Magic Mary on the front of my Giant Trance X 29er. I used to have a 2.4 Mountain King II and I will probably go back to that and put the Hans Dampf on the front now that the better weather is here.

Clink

2.35 Ikon or 2.4 Ardent?

CheesybeanZ

Racing Ralph 2.4 , big light n fast .

Clink

RR in 2.35 now, not 2.4? Good voice though.

singletracksurfer

Thanks, the ikon or rr should fit the bill.

daveh
    Free Member

I have a 2.35 RR on the front and a 2.2 Ikon on the rear (clearance tight). I understand the Ikon 2.35 is quite a different tyre but the Snakeskin sidewall on the RR is definitely stiffer than the EXO on the Ikon and the RR ‘popped’ nicely onto a Stans rim whereas the Ikon was looser, even with an extra layer of tape. RR was cheaper too at ~£28 from those nice Germans.

zinaru
    Free Member

ardent 2.4 would be my suggestion. i personally run them when its an extended dry spell (not very often in scotland haha) as they are terrible in anything other than hard pack for me.

for anymore grip in more normal conditions, I’m rating the chunky monkey (although its billed as a front tyre most of the time – 9/10) and still the best rear tyre ever – geax gato 2.3 (10/10) which is actually 1mm wider on my p-35 rim that the ardents.

incidentally, I’m running either a fat front (nate) or 29+ (knard) up front once in a blue moon.

Clobber
    Free Member

Rock Razor!

rOcKeTdOg

Got dually45/chronicle on the front of my swift, DT470/2.4 ardent rear, will be going wider rim on the back soon, maybe blunt 35 or similar

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Schwalbe 2.35 tyres or Maxxis Ardent 2.4

kazafaza
    Free Member

Panaracer Fire XC Pro 29″ or Bontrager XR3 or XR4…

singletracksurfer

Anyone tried a 650b+ on the back (of a 29er)?

takisawa2

Ralph here, with a Knard up front.
    Just waiting on 27.5 x 40mm rims & 650b+ tyres to become available.

Going on 29+, I reckon 2016.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What high volume 29er tyres for the back’ is closed to new replies.