• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by CHB.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What high current car charger for iPhone 3gs
  • petrieboy

Currently have a cheap eBay cigar lighter to USB adaptor with a cheap iPhone data cable but it’s really slow to charge and can barely keep up with the drain when using TomTom.
    The expensive options on the apple store get pretty poor reviews so I’d really like a personal recommendation.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve just used the £3.00 ones off ebay… not had a issue. 😕

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I tried a kingston one. It didn’t sit properly in the socket and had to be returned.

[edit] Car was a Honda Civic. Not sure if there is anything non standard about Honda cigarette lighter sockets.

jam-bo

I’ve got a belkin one that seems to work just fine.

cp

I have a tiny Belkin one, which is identical in appearance and spec to this one from 7dayshop:-

They knock out 1 amp, which is a fair bit of juice!

CHB

No quite identical, the LED’s are different colours. I have the Belkin one. Its really good. I also just bought a couple of the 7day ones, but havn’t tested them yet. Other than LED colour they look the same.

cp

The LED on my Belkin one is blue – exactly like these.

CHB

Funny, just checked. My belkin has a green light. The 7day one has a blue. Also noticed that the printing on them is identical, though there are some subtle differences in length of centre pin.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What high current car charger for iPhone 3gs’ is closed to new replies.