Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • what helmet light for the woods?
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

right, i could spend hours researching online and browsing several shops for helmet lights… but to be honest i thought it'd be quicker to ask here

i've got a giro "p1sspot" helmet so i'm gussing i'd be open to the fishing/coal-mining type light too

it'd be worn for riding singletrack in the woods at night

i've got a big skull/brain, thus meaning a big helmet

suggestions please 🙂

wwaswas

what budget?

philconsequence
    Free Member

good question…. i think i'd need to be pretty impressed to feel the need to spend over 25quid on one. but then again someone might comment with an almighty argument of why its silly to spend less than 50 and i am a fool for considering such a price-range, i should hang up my bombers and p1ss in my shoes and so forth.

wwaswas

I think your budget's probably going to mean one of the Fenix/DX type torches. Not an area I have much knowledge of so I'll let others elaborate.

My only thoughts are that weight is the critical thing with a helmet light – anything more than an Exposure Joystick and I've had problems – I now run a lightweight head unit with the battery in my camelpack.

Edit: Oh, and height – you'be amazed how many branches you can hit just by having 3cm of light sticking off the top of your helmet.

philconsequence
    Free Member

cheers dude 🙂 the height difference is why i was thinking that the fishing type head torches that have a strap and are designed to sit on your forehead might be an option, having a p1sspot helmet would make this possible i'm guessing…

VanHalen

just strap a dx torch to your bonse and do some comedy extreme over compensating ducking. no one will see you – its dark.

i've a tesco special from when they were special. i've never noticed the additional weight.

you could gaffertape 2 of them to the sides of the lid for that orbital effect and go raving.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘what helmet light for the woods?’ is closed to new replies.