Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What helmet light?
  • sofaboy73
    Free Member

Yes another what lights thread, apologies

Looking at taking the plunge and buying some decent lights for night riding this year after buying some cheap eBay jobbies last year to see if I’d take to it or not

Looking for a decent helmet mounted light as a secondary light source to a Gemini titan unit on the bars. Ideally looking for something light weight,1000 lumens or above, run time of min 90 minutes on full and self contained power source as find wires to a battery pack in my bag annoying on the helmet light. Budget around £150

Exposure joystick seems to be the go to choice, any others to consider?

iainc

Nope, Joystick.

Fat-boy-fat

I’d go for a Diablo rather than a joystick to be honest.

iainc

For your needs of 90 mins and 1000 lumens the Joystick is lighter and cheaper than Diablo. I have had various Joysticks over the last 7 or 8 years and have just gone from an 11 to a 12. In use, I toggle the power between max and medium and easily get through a 2 and a bit hour ride with some battery left at the end. The light weight sells it to me. Have tried a few Diablo versions however I can feel it on my helmet on bumpy stuff.

submarined
    Free Member

How do the joysticks hold up as a bar mounted road light? Is there any sort of beam pattern?
    I’m looking for something to function as both a helmet mount on my MTB and a bar mount for the road bike, but I’m wondering fi the two requirements are mutually exclusive.

Yetiman
    Free Member

I know you said no wires, and it’s over budget (not a great start 😆 ) but I’m still using a 6 year old Four4th Exodus light on my lid which I can’t see me replacing any time soon, so from a value for money perspective it has been great. The head unit is light at only 65g, so you don’t notice it’s there, run times are good and the beam quality is excellent for its output.

iainc

How do the joysticks hold up as a bar mounted road light? Is there any sort of beam pattern?

I use mine for back road winter night rides and it is pretty decent. It’s a floody spot, so good depth and spread, though not as floody as a full on bar light. I don’t encounter much traffic, so not sure how it would be for oncoming cars etc.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What helmet light?’ is closed to new replies.