Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What headset do you have in your new style Cotic?
  • sharkattack

Bare with me because this is the first time I’ve built a bike since before headsets turned into the enigma code.

In short “What headset do I need for my Cotic Bfe?”

I’ve read the very helpful origin story of this new headset standard on the Cotic site but it doesn’t help me when I’m looking for one. Given that the descriptions on items for sale are usually vague or none existent.

So what does this headset look like? Where can I find one at a hopefully very reduced price?

Oh, and I just received a Bfe in black grape and It’s purdy!

Thanks.

RustyMac

Might be useful to know what forks you plan on using? 1 1/8, Tapered, 1.5?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Nukeproof 44IETS for tapered steerers or a Nukeproof 44 IESS for a 1 1/8th steerer.

They’re the cheapest ones Cotic sell with the frame. I know I just paid for £40 for Cotic to fit a headset for me off that list when I ordered my green BFe.

sharkattack

I’ll be running tapered forks I imagine.

Of to CRC to check out these Nukeproof things.

davewalsh
    Free Member

Hope pick n mix, no 2 upper and H lower.

RustyMac

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/nukeproof-warhead-44iets-headset/rp-prod85845

For tapered you will need on like above, If you are interested I have a similar one I removed from my Iron Horse for £25.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I run the Nukeproof. Solid bit of kit (1 1/8)

matther01
    Free Member

As per DaveWalsh.

You can check pinkbike too as I got a new Hope lower off there for £20.

Hope you’ve got a set of black pikes to go with it…cant wait to see one running them, it will look awesome!

sharkattack

Resurrecting this thread as I want to order something today.

The good news is I had a spare and unused FSA DH headset in the garage but only the top part is 44mm.

So I can save some cash by buying just a Hope lower cup and Nukeproof can hang onto their big ugly monstrosity!

BUT!.. Which one of these do I need?

Nothing in the picture looks right and the options list simply has “Integral 1.5”. I don’t want to end up with a 55mm cup. I’ve got one of those sitting here.

I need a 44mm diameter with a race for a 1.5 steerer.

momo

CRC aren’t listing the one you need, cup H, Stif have got them in

sharkattack

Thanks for that.

LadyAlexMTB
    Free Member

Why don’t you ask Cotic? They’re very friendly! And can probably supply you what you need…and it will definitely be right.

As I have an old fork but a new frame I needed half one headset and half another and they supplied it at very reasonable price 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What headset do you have in your new style Cotic?’ is closed to new replies.