Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What headset do I need?
  • bongo136
    Free Member

Hi there, this may sound abit stupid but what headset do I need to fit my on one 456, I know it external but there seems to be lots off different sizes…. ❗ ❓

jonb
    Free Member

Standard steel 456?

If yes then an external 1 1/8″ (1.125″) will do. These are the most common so chances are if they don’t say on the description they are the right size. Got a Superstarcomponents one on mine as it was cheap but still reasonable spec.

bongo136
    Free Member

yes the steel one, thankyou

tk46hal
    Free Member

What ever your budget is! Cane Creek S3 is good value £15, Hope if you have money £50 and Chris King if a lottery winner!

mboy
    Free Member

Best VFM headsets out there at the moment are the FSA Orbit Extreme Pro, available from several places (including On One) for £30 to £35… This is a £90 rrp headset with a 10 year warranty just like a King! I’ve been using a couple of these now for a year or so, and they’re spot on.

If you’ve not got £35, buy an FSA XL2, still v good quality with cartridge bearings and can be found for about £20.

Don’t bother with anything with loose ball bearings in, it won’t last anywhere near as long and might seem like a good place to save some money, but when you have to replace the headset after a years hard graft, you’ll wish you bought a better one to start.

bongo136
    Free Member

went for this in the end:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=12142

looked a good deal

Skyliner
    Free Member

That’ll fit 😀

bongo136
    Free Member

cheers. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What headset do I need?’ is closed to new replies.