Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What have you learned this week?
  • Rich_s

I’ve learned that when I crack the screen on a tablet, I really should just pay for a professional repair.

I know that the screen/sensor bit is 35-odd quid.

I know that I need to use a heat gun thing to loosen off the adhesive holding the cracked screen to the surrounding bezel.

I know that my wife’s hairdryer may be a suitable substitute for heat gun thing.

I now know my wife’s hairdryer does not like being used very hot and for short bursts – I now know precisely which brand and model of hairdryer it was, and how much it costs to replace.

I know the stove gets hot and might help me loosen up the adhesive.

I now know that the stove gets too hot and causes the bezel to form exciting new modern art-esque shapes.

I now know that a bezel costs 15 quid and will take 2-3 weeks to arrive from Hong Kong.

I also have discovered that a Nexus 2 is only 180 quid… Bugger.

So what have you learned this week?

Tl:DR doofus tries to self-fix, is accused by wife of being doofus.

leftyboy
    Free Member

Sadly I learned how sore a collarbone can be when you aggravate an old injury 🙁

ourmaninthenorth

How useless I am with excel compared with my colleagues.

Not good when trying to impress in a new role….

sharkbait
    Free Member

that moles can’t breath underwater.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Mithering on to yourself about something you can’t change is a waste of time, the amount of which available is reducing at an alarming rate…

footflaps

People still use the work Mithering.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

That quitting my job, but with nothing lined up, was the best thing I’ve done in ages.

Jamie
    Free Member

I learned that Stoner has been sleeping on my sofa.

northernmatt

I learned that chocolate filled mini croissants from Lidl aren’t as nice as they sound.

dan1980
    Free Member

I learned that cleaning out the filter of my washing machine, with a full drum is:

a) stupid
    b) a really quick way to improvise a paddling pool for the cat
    c) a mistake I’ll only do the once…

keefmac

that despite my best efforts i am unable to replace the bearings in my superstar hubs. the phrase “can be removed by hand” is utter balls apparently as although the parts are loose, will they frig as like come out!
    or i am doing it wrong, either way….

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Drinking Jack Daniels in the morning, then going to the pub for lunch is not helping my coordination, throwing together a spagbol, then back in the boozer at 7.30pm. my plan is it’s probably for the best i stay pissed.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What have you learned this week?’ is closed to new replies.