Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What have i lost?
  • ElectricRussell
    Free Member

Just in from a ride, got about a mile from home and noticed oil gushing out of the right hand arm of my Fox Talas 32’s. On closer inspection I realised I had lost that little red anodized screw thing from the top.what is this called and will I have lost anything else from it? I checked the instruction booklet but that’s neither use nor ornament. Cheers.

bikeneil
    Free Member

If your forks have arms I’d say that’s where your issues lie.

ElectricRussell
    Free Member

Thanks for your input.

bikeneil
    Free Member

It’s hard to say what’s missing without any pics.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Sounds like you’ve lost the small allen bolt that hold the rebound adjuster knob (red) and possibly the needle that controls the oil flow. Pics would be a good start.
    What model & year TALAs?

ElectricRussell
    Free Member

Well, I actually went back to where I noticed the leak and found the piece which must of popped out as i went over a kerbstone, a long metal rod that goes into the fork. Now I’m guessing at the bottom of this rod is a threaded end which screws into the fork? Well if so that piece has sheared off because there is what looks like about 2mm of thread at the end.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Time to call Loco Tuning!

ElectricRussell
    Free Member

Not heard of them before, how do they fare against TFT?

jairaj

Both Loco and TFT did a good service on my forks, similar money and turn around time.

But Simon at Loco was much more willing to talk about any questions I had about tuning / upgrading / anything …

Not saying TFT were rude and didn’t care, it’s just Loco seemed more open and easier to approach.

ElectricRussell
    Free Member

Cheets for the info, I rang TFT earlier and the chap I spoke to was helpful enough so I’ll give them ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What have i lost?’ is closed to new replies.