Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • What has happened on here?
  • ononeorange

I haven’t been on here until a few days ago for a while, and have noticed a few comments about TJ and others – what happened? Have they all been banned or something? Was there the mother of all bustups? (Genuinely not trolling)? There does seem a lot less, erm, arguing.

wwaswas

Have they all been banned or something

yep. For ever in some cases.

zokes
    Free Member

All been banned.

Not really the mother of all bust ups, just the mother of all PMT moments from the ban-hammer wielders…

clubber
    Free Member

Don’t mention the modding!

Lots of bans handed out. TJ permanently so.

Pigface
    Free Member

zokes says something stupid 😆

Edric64
    Free Member

Don’t mention the modding!

Bradley Wiggins?

ononeorange

Uh, OK. Thanks. It’s very different somehow without them, but I don’t miss the incessant arguing over every point.

I thought I missed a 50 Megaton argument over Maggie Thatcher’s cat wearing a helmet or something!!

wwaswas

I don’t miss the incessant arguing over every point.

Oh yes you do!

yossarian
    Free Member

the site owners, for reasons that still aren’t entirely clear, decided that that some of the louder voices and more social elements needed to be culled as they believed that it was putting new members off joining the forum.

Opinion is split on whether this was actually necessary, proportionate and whether its made a positive difference.

zokes
    Free Member

PMSL!

TJ’s last post seemed relatively innocuous given what had previously passed, but he had been warned enough. Really not sure at all about the others…

wrecker
    Free Member

The funniest thing is that apparently TJ and Fred have been smashing lumps into each other on facebook!

molgrips
    Free Member

Was there the mother of all bustups?

No, not really.

geetee1972
    Free Member

just the mother of all PMT moments from the ban-hammer wielders…

PMSL that is very funny!

ononeorange

Wwaswas – Oh no I don’t!

jota180
    Free Member

TJ et al haven’t gone anywhere they’re still furiously bashing the bejeebus out of their keyboards in response to most of the chat threads on here.
    What’s happened is STW have installed a killfile on everyone else’s account, meaning they [the banned ones] don’t know the rest of the members can’t see their posts so they happily continue to argue between themselves. Win, win

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’d heard they’d all died from the cat aids (the bad type) and had all gone to live in a big trail centre in welsh Wales.
    Is this not true?? 😥

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No idea what’s happened to him but I miss chewkw 🙁

maxray
    Free Member

I feel better of a Friday having not been dragged down by all the petty arguments during the week, think the forum is loads better for it… obviously not for those who come here just for the arguments 😉

brakes
    Free Member

No idea what’s happened to him but I miss chewkw

I think Dear Leader caught up with him and deservedly crushed him like the maggot he was destined to become.

Trimix
    Free Member

It does seem a better place now. Well done Mods.

mt
    Free Member

Have you not read the “Lance, have we done him yet” thread?
    Or the Vuelta thread? Hours of fun.

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Yeah just note that reasoned discussion has to now be replaced by “What blah for this blah”. From what I can see, you are not allowed to discuss anything topical from that there news or such 😀

meehaja
    Free Member

17,686 facebook fans, no where near as many forum contributers, yet every day a post would turn into an argument featuring the same “big hitters”.

No loss IMo.

tinsy
    Free Member

MT beat me to it…. there is plenty of dark reading material left.

camo16
    Free Member

At least it’s clean now.

unklehomered
    Free Member

I’d heard they’d all died from the cat aids (the bad type) and had all gone to live in a big trail centre in welsh Wales.

No no no, that wasn’t what I was told, I was told they’d all been eaten by an enormous mutant stargoat.

FWIW Meehaja +1

smell_it
    Free Member

Changes have been for the better, imo; i did notice on twatter that one of ‘them’ was threatening legal input if their posting history wasn’t deleted. It kind of dispells the myth that they are great bloke in real life and only tools on here.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘What has happened on here?’ is closed to new replies.