Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • What happened to 69er bikes?
  • ska-49
    Free Member

(26+29)/2 = 27.5 😯
    Looks like everyones riding ’em

breninbeener

Earl, I dont seem to be able to contact you via the profile link. Can you drop me a line about the Carver please?

thanks

Ian

breninbeener

Some time around 1987 I had a friend who had a front sus bike that was 26″ front and 24″ rear. He had some Pace elastomer forks I think, and to me on my Ridgeback fully rigid it was as if aliens had landed with the future!

Anyone any idea what that bike may have been?

qwerty
    Free Member

^ Cannondale, Beast Of The East?

breninbeener

Bikepedia doesnt show the Beast as having different size wheels……..

Stevet1
    Free Member

BoTE had 24/26 combo wheels early on then changed to 26″ all round after 1989 or so.

breninbeener

Ah ok….thanks

moshimonster
    Free Member

Another one from Ventana. Solves the long chainstay issues with pure 29ers I guess.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’ve got a Singular Hummingbird. It’s brilliant. But no more brilliant than any of my other bikes cos they’re all brilliant.

I’ve got a Trek 69er full sus frame for sale if anyone fancies it? it’s got a Fox shock and it’s red.

Andy-R

terrahawk – Member
    I’ve got a Singular Hummingbird. It’s brilliant.

It is, a wonderful bike

john_l
    Free Member

Oooh, now then – a Hummingbird frame with Jones Unicrown fork would be awesome.

oldgit
    Free Member

Just found this

MrGFisher
    Free Member

I’m looking for a root beer SS Trek 69er if anyone is selling a medium.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Well, off the back of this thread I bought one of those Root Beer 69ers
    Doing an 8 hour race in Bristol around Ashton Park that looks pretty flat.

Wanted something lighter than my Salsa Horsethief that is too much for this race.

Only road it home along the roads, but it’s a pretty nice bike. BB creaks a bit if ou pedal hard so might need swapped out.

TBH, I’m not sure how much use a singlespeed mountain bike would be for me so I’ll maybe flog it after the race. It’s a large though.

qwerty
    Free Member

flog it after the race. It’s a large

Make it a 15″ and I’ll take it 😉

mopn8r
    Free Member

I purchased a Root beer Trek 69er off gumtree(from Australia, it’s like Craigslist I guess) for $750.
    The bike was in ok condition. Shock went soft so I had my local bike shop rebuild it. Maverick are gone but the owner still supplies parts which is awesome. The avid brakes sucked so I replaced with Shimano SLX, I was being stupid and stacked trying to ride down the face of this boulder and destroyed the original brown seat, so fitted a bontrager rxl, damaged the bars a tiny bit so had the mrs buy me Renthal carbon bars n grips. Bottom bracket was noisey so fitted Shimano saint crank n renthal sprocket.
    Wanted new wheels so after 3 months I managed to chase down a company who had overstocked on 24mm CK hubs for the front which was my luck cos CK have no stock and discontinued them 2 years ago and had no intention of helping me anytime soon.
    Front hub is a gold 36 hole 24mm for maverick fork inside a stans flow ex
    Rear hub is a gold 32 hole singlespeed inside a stand flow ex.

After purchasing I’ve spent a heap on it but its so worth it, the bike is awesome to ride. Wish I could upload a picture easier.

ss29er
    Free Member

If you’re interested, all the good things people say about them are true. However, this one is for sale, as seen in the photo. Size Large/19″, vgc, £650.

Email me – address in profile.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘What happened to 69er bikes?’ is closed to new replies.