Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What happened to?
  • cycleworlduk
    Free Member

The chap who was going to open a coffee shop? V.interesting thread… Mite do the same with part of my bikeshop

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

anyone?

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

The Hub in Folkstone opened a coffee shop as part of his bike shop, it works really well for him, when he does the rides from the shop they have coffee before setting off and when they return, he gets non biking customers having a coffee and cake. I think its a good idea if the bike side is quite the coffee shop may not be.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Not quite the same, but Wheelbase in the lakes have parking, bikewash, showers, changing room and there;s a nice cafe next door (and a brewery I believe). also, I think they sell laminated maps of rides from the shop. Always enjoy starting/finishing rides there.

Stif nr Leeds/Harrogate have a coffee bar in the shop, but there’s never anyone behind the counter or anyone appearing willing to do coffees, so not sure what it’s there for, maybe it only works if you have +£3K to spend.

messiah
    Free Member

If you have the space scatter a few scaby mattresses around and start selling crack :mrgreen:

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

i do have a largeish shop hence i thought about it..was also a chef in a previous life.

we have a few farmshops cum cafes round about but i was thinking theyred be room for another…a high ladies that lunch quota.plus no one will haggle over a sarnie and cuppa!

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

You could try having a barber’s chair in the shop like the place that used to be down the Vennel at Peebles.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

cum cafes

😯

messiah
    Free Member

It’s the north east of Scotland – we’ll haggle over a penny chew.

You must be talking about the Arbroath shop since the Stoney shop hardly has room for a kettle.

Not sure the scone wifies would like the smell of GT85 mingling with their tea and cake… or the inevitable blaspheming when hammer hits thumb in the workshop?

What was the far and wide shop in Stoney used to be sports shop and cafe – it never really worked for him… and then the Christians moved in.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

ha ha! theyre used to be a bikeshop/barbers in linlithgow…not sure if its still theyre…

just an idea at the mo..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What happened to?’ is closed to new replies.