Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • What grips to reduce vibration? foamy or ergon?
  • walla24
    Free Member

Something like this high density ergon esque
    or a pair of foamy ones?

any experiences, its for the misses..

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I really like the foam ones form Ritchey

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

ESI racers edge, loads of Pro’s use em, I have for the last year or so, superb.

dobo
    Free Member

foam grips are better than my chunky rubber odi, my cx gel grips and tape are shocking, i need to sort that tbh

fudge9202
    Free Member

I tried both grips that you’ve mention but on recommendation got carbon bars and the difference was considerable, currently running haven carbon bars with odi lock-ons

walla24
    Free Member

foamy it is…cheers 🙂

resulting wanted add 😀

TiRed

I ride ergon on my rigid SS. I wouldn’t say that they reduce vibration, but properly set up, they really limit the forces through the fingers, as weight is taken on the heel of the hand instead. I ride with the small size as I have girly hands.

I’m sure carbon bars would be better for vibration though. In fact, on the rigid, it’s vibration up the arms, not in the hands that’s the worst!

jonnyrockymountain

Ditto here ESI racers edge very impressed

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

I use Specialized Enduro grips and find them very comfortable. Certainly a massive improvement over the Bonty grips that came with my Trek for reducing vibration etc.

Duane…
    Free Member

Has no-one else had problems with ESI grips tearing super easy?

JoeG
    Free Member

I’ve used Ergon grips for years, they seem to help a lot. Never ran foam grips before, but just mounted a set on an old vintage bike this evening!

CHB

carbon bars make a bigger difference.

Wally

Carbon bars and ESI chunky grips – sorted.

Reluctant
    Free Member

My experience of foam grips is comfy, shock absorbent, but fall apart quickly.

antigee

i have ergon grips on hardtail simply because i had them round at the time i was putting the bike together – i don’t think they reduce vibration as such – just means that you don’t “death grip” due to the position your hand is put in by their shape – you can’t over tense your wrists but I get a bit more scared on technical stuff as seem to have less control – keep meaning to swop them
    hope that makes sense

FuzzyWuzzy

Just put some ergon’s on my rigid 29er, makes a surprising difference to comfort. Aren’t foam grips a PITA at this time of year?

gazc
    Free Member

got a pair of esi chunky’s after i developed a painful ganglion on my right little finger. never liked the thought of foam grips before but they’re a revelation and sorted the pain i was getting previously with lock ons, which was that bad i had to avoid riding :(. nice and grippy too. got an appointment to take the lump off in a few weeks but will be definitley keeping them on – only problem i can see is they’re a little prone to damage from tearing/rips etc

bikebouy
    Free Member

Esi’s here with carbon bars, SS29er.

First time I’ve used them in anger since the build and they’re fine for taking the vibes out but I do like a solid hold so chose the thin ones, so far so good.

Only issues with them are they snag on brambles so little tears have started to appear..which is a bit annoying really.

willyboy
    Free Member

I like ergon, but they don’t reduce vibration, they just fit my hands well.

2 things to reduce hand pain – use standard size bars and stem combo- Oversize bars and stems can be very stiff. Also don’t grip the bars as tight.

ghislainlambert
    Free Member

I changed from ergon to ESI chunky grips. I couldn’t get used to ergon’s despite playing around with them for over a year. The ESI’s are great

jonnyrockymountain

I forgot to say my ESI racers are on carbon bars. MINT!!!!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘What grips to reduce vibration? foamy or ergon?’ is closed to new replies.