• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by nixie.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What GPS watch…
  • bavariangaz
    Free Member

Incredibly exciting post; I’m looking for a ‘bargain’ GPS tracking watch. Ideally one that I’ll be able to upload to Strava once I’ve finished running. Thanks in advance!!

rossburton
    Free Member

Garmin Forerunner off ebay. Apparently the 610 can be had for under £100 now, used.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Google DCRainmaker blog for reviews

Kato

I’ve got a Fenix 3 and I like it a lot.

bavariangaz
    Free Member

Is there a more simple version of the Garmin 610? Not too fussed about the heart rate monitor

CraigW
    Free Member

Garmin Forerunner 25, simple and cheap, should work nicely. You can get it new for about £80. It has Bluetooth for uploading to your phone for Strava etc.

whatgoesup

Vivoactive here – great jack of all trades device.
    Probably selling mine as Ive got a specific bike device and running watch now.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I recently got a TomTom Runner for £60. Much for spec for your money than Garmins costing loads more

Had it a month or so now and can’t fault it

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Fenix 3, which is spot on for what I do, only issue is its a bit heavy, but reassuringly so – feels like it wouldn’t break in a crash.

Vivoactive I tried was total junk – seems they have bought out a new HR model now which still hasn’t address they biggest issue in you can’t read the screen outside as the brightness & resolution are set so low.

My wife is looking for one now – forerunner 35 looks ideal as a simple multi sport watch 🙂

wombat

I’ve got a Garmin Forerunner 10 in orange colour you can have for £30 posted, about as basic as you can get, very accurate and I believe it will upload to Strava (never tried it as I don’t have Strava).

Email in profile if interested, will be sticking it in classifieds over the weekend, so not really a stealth ad, honest

stevehine

I’ve just got a Sony Smartwatch ~ £100 from PCWorld. GPS works great; no need to carry a phone to enable it – Ghostracer seems to work the best for this and can autosync with Strava once you get back into phone range.

Can also pair with bluetooth headphones; for music on the go too.

I’ve got an old Garmin 305 doing nothing if anyone fancies strapping a brick to their arm….

nixie

I recently got a TomTom Runner for £60. Much for spec for your money than Garmins costing loads more

Had it a month or so now and can’t fault it

Just wait till they next fluff the app up! Good hardware let down by crappy app.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What GPS watch…’ is closed to new replies.