Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • what gopro software
  • duncancallum

as above to cut and edit to make sik editz

Basically all I have found is quik n its ok for 30sec things but I want to go full Enduro edit with slow mo and weird pointless voice overs with added lens flair on the videos from the alps.

or not but a 6-10min edit is what I want

I would like one I can import mp3s into as well

I feel like my gran trying to program a VCR

P-Jay
    Free Member

GoPro Studio works fine for me?

Not the newer hybrid / cloud one though, the original one.

Better packages are available but cost – the adobe one I used a while back was good.

mjsmke

Adobe Premier Pro.

antares
    Free Member

I always use Windows movie maker

wilburt
    Free Member

virb edit for gps overlay.

duncancallum

cant find studio to download

never though of windows

poah
    Free Member

GoPro studio is ok for basic stuff and pretty easy to use. I use Sony vegas pro for mine with audacity as the sound editor. You can get adobe premier elements which probably does everything you want.

CraigW
    Free Member

OpenShot is nice for a simple free thing.

Vortexracing

I use gopro studio

JackHammer

I think there’s a humblebundle for sony vegas pro atm, but I’m not sure how humble bundles work.

Think this is the link, but my work blocked it so I cant check. Here.

chakaping
    Free Member

I used Windows Movie Maker and would recommend for ease of use, but I dunno if it’ll have the depth of features you want.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Go pro studio has been pulled by go-pro for some reason.

It’s a shame as it was a great bit of software.

Quik never does what I want, hateful bit of junk.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

I gave up on studio last week when I realised it was incapable of rotating video through 90 degrees. I’d taken a bunch of shots with the camera mounted sideways…

A brief foray into imovie suggests that it does everything I need to do, while being pretty easy to use.

vmgscot

Lightworks if you want the full-on editing facilities.
    Free version is fully functional except only outputs in 720 but then you can ‘rent’ full licence for just a month when you are ready to release your masterpiece to the world.

JackHammer

Oh yeah iMovie is pretty goof if you have a Mackintosh device.

JackHammer

*good

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

On the assumption that you are PC rather than Mac…

I’ve used many editors over the years starting off with Windows Movie Maker.

It was the most easy to use/pick up but you very quickly run out of functionality. Vids shouldn’t all be about the fade between pics or spinning windows etc but it just seemed to lack some of the basics.

Plus once WMM moved from a downloadable file to an online process the whole system went to hell. Hated it.

After searching around for a few others I moved on to Adobe Premier elements v 7 ISTR. This was very hard to pick up but once I understood it I got some very pleasing results. However it has it’s little foibles which annoyed me such as when rotating footage the reproduction was poor, plus an unexpected download/update seemed to deliberately screw up any music I overlaid.

So again after a few tries of other software I moved onto GoPro studio. Again relatively easy to pick up how to use, it has plenty of functionality although you are always looking for that one ‘extra’ effect that would make the movie spectacular.

However, it is very, very buggy. It doesn’t like it once the ‘project’ file i.e. the file that contains all your edits, transitions, footage, effects etc gets above 3,000kb. Very easy to do on even a short 3 minute movie.

it’s a commonly encountered issue if you Google it. I overcome it by saving numerous efforts i.e. import footage and convert, save as movie_file_v_1, do some quick editing, save as movie_file_v_2, add some titles, save as movie_file_v_3 etc. then when it inevitably does crash you can revert to a previously saved version rather than starting from scratch.

it can still be incredibly frustrating though.

I stick with it cos i like the results and especially the various colour washes that can really enhance most footage e.g. the protune or candy colour option.

examples are available if you want to see edited footage.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘what gopro software’ is closed to new replies.