Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What Go Pro model?
  • garage-dweller

If I wanted a go pro for general family larking around video type stuff, maybe a bit of bike ride other prating about filming but I wasn’t going to be using it day in day out can someone point me towards what model would do the job.

I don’t mind (might like) last year’s version or whatever older model and I’m probably more focused on cost than being ultra up to date.

I’m leaning towards a go pro as accessories available and good reputation. If you know better feel free to tell me.

prawny

For family stuff you’d probably be better off with a screen. Hero 4 silver probably

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Chinese SJ1000 camera is almost just as good and a fraction of the price

prawny

Agree with John to an extent. I’ve got an sj1000 and it’s decent, but I’d have a proper one if I had the money. Depends how flush you are.

fisha
    Free Member

Have you read the go pro session review on the front page ? Pretty much answered all my questions about it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Have a 4 silver, screen is good for a quick review and setting up.

twistedpencil

Session is great and with the app you have a screen if required.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

new xiaomi camera is great value, has a screen, and very well priced. gopro for half the price, more features, better battery.

http://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras/pp_360137.html

garage-dweller

Thanks. Will have a look on the proper computer later.

bigh
    Free Member
    sharkattack

I’ve got a Session, it’s great.

I’ve already got a huge pile of footage hidden on a hard drive that I have no idea what to do with.

garage-dweller

Thanks all. Went Silver in the end.

Glad I did when I got it home. Go pro app won’t preview for recording on my phone (one of these good new Chinese ones that’s operator branded but not ‘cool’) so the screens going to be handy.

Flip though the accessories totted up quick…. 😥

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What Go Pro model?’ is closed to new replies.