• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by timba.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What glue/tips for re-sticking sole to shoes?
  • spooky_b329

One of my walking boots (really a trainer looking at them) have become unstuck from the sole…it all looks pretty scabby in there.

I was thinking about a resole but looking at links on the other thread currently running, it looks like you can only resole flat soles, whereas these have got a moulded jobby.

So what glue? Some rubberised version I can slather over the cleaned up sole and dump a brick on top?

My winter boots did the same and I took them to the cobbler, the sole came unstuck again on the first ride!

eskay

Some kind if impact adhesive like EVO stick is probably worth a go.

rolkin
    Free Member

I’ve used MCNETT Freesole Repair Adhesive a few times. It’s as good as any diy repair.

Squidlord
    Free Member

I’ve had some success with a product called Shoe Goo.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

I’ve always had success with super glue honestly clean area up squirt in said glue push together hold for a few secs hey presto 😀

Klunk
    Free Member

Shoe goo

carlos
    Free Member

Another shoo glue user here, when it ran out I got some Evo Stick serious glue, both work very well

chiefgrooveguru

I used some rubberised cyanoacrylate on my defective 5.10s last week – it’s amazing glue but possibly overkill! (I have warranty replacements but I thought I’d keep these faulty ones – delaminating outer layer of sole – running as long as possible…)

CountZero
    Kunstler

Shoe goo is fantastic. I ripped half the sole of my MT43 on a river crossing in September. Shoe goo’d it back together and it’s been fine. Even been through the washing machine a few times.

spooky_b329

Lovely, thanks guys 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

Shoe Goo. Definitely. Used to go through the stuff when I was a skater. Smells lovely too.

timba
    Free Member

Recycle them, it’ll be sole destroying

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What glue/tips for re-sticking sole to shoes?’ is closed to new replies.