Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • What Full-Suss 29er for trail / singletrack riding? Convince me!
  • robarnold
    Free Member

My new Rumblefish, first ride last night.

Really rides well, feels like something with 150/160mm travel on the descents and climbs very competently, unreal how well it rolls over stuff.

Granted mine has had a bit of a pimping up, but the Elite model is a belter of a bike.

For reference, I am 5ft 8in and ride a 17.5in model

ahwiles
    Free Member

The SRAM kit on the Anthem X 29er is a downside IMO too.

it’s all better than the crap they’ve hung on the ‘cheapest’ Camber.

(yes, it’s still £2k)

Chainline
    Free Member

don’t you start racking up the cost if your at SB95 money…I thought that was a consideration if the desired SC was off the list..

It’s always tough to keep a 29er at 25lbs or unde. The frame is inherently heavier due to the different stresses to keep an equivalent stiffness, the wheels are heavier unless you go race style crest, then your the profile is compromised depending on what you want to use…compromise/compromise.

Paceman
    Free Member

Second demo on a Tallboy today, mixed conditions after rain overnight. Still love it, and realised that a large suits my riding style better than a medium.

hugor
    Free Member

No surprise on the sizing. Santa Cruz are notoriously small for their size. If you’ve had 2 rides and still love it then I wouldn’t settle for anything less if it were me.
    You will never be completely happy.
    Post purchase guilt over an expensive item is brief, post purchase regret by settling for cheaper lasts ages.

Paceman
    Free Member

Post purchase guilt over an expensive item is brief, post purchase regret by settling for cheaper lasts ages.

Very True 😆

I suspect it will be the Tallboy.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘What Full-Suss 29er for trail / singletrack riding? Convince me!’ is closed to new replies.