Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What full face for a 3 year old?
  • bella
    Free Member

The boy has a well fitting open face helmet but his bravery is currently ahead of his stability. Never had this problem with his sister. Looking for it to be usably light with proper cheek pads. Head circumference 51cm.

br
    Free Member

None, I’d reckon a FF will be far too heavy for him.

And none of my 3 wore ANY helmet at that age, it’s really your responsibility to make sure he keeps within his boundaries.

bella
    Free Member

Have considered sedation or a lead but he isn’t keen. Anyone had any success?

singlespeedstu

I’m also not sure a FF is a good idea for a kid that young.
    Could do a lot more damage than good.

tjagain

coultard facesaver was designed for what you want. I am still far from convinced its the right answer but its much better than adult type helmets if it fits. However I don’t think they are still available

iainc

Too young for one, he needs to learn like other kids

wiggles
    Free Member

I got one for my lad at that age was a Moto one and was far to heavy and made me worry about his neck!

Just an open face and some gloves is usually enough as they rarely actually hit their heads hands, knees elbows was etc are another story

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

A good half lid and a pair of junior goggles maybe to offer a modicum of scrape and light bump protection for the orbits?

iainc

Back to the OP, what is your sons riding ability at age 3 ? At that age most are on scoot bikes, and the most advanced maybe just getting the hang of pedals, often with a parent in close proximity to catch if they stumble. I’m struggling to see why any more than a regular child’s helmet is being considered ?

bella
    Free Member

Went from a balance bike to a cnog 14 at 2 and a bit so pedaling free for over a year. Now desperate to follow his sister round the pump track which he can do but currently not without me running beside him and gripping the back of his jacket down the steep bits due to my lack of bottle/sensible parenting. Suspect the body of opinion on here is correct but worth asking.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What full face for a 3 year old?’ is closed to new replies.