Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What frame for my Marzocchi 55 RC3?
  • GEDA
    Free Member

I got a pair of these a while back but they are a tad to tall for my Dialled Alpine. I was thinking about what frame to put them on. I was thinking about putting them on an old Patriot 66 2006 I have but it could do with a shock upgrade (Anyone know what tune I would need for one of these Monach plus’s?

Or looking at that El Guapo but it basically looks like another single pivot and it would be nice to try something new. Second hand or cheap would be my best choice. I currently have a Cannondale Prophet and Dialled Alpine. I could not fault the Alpine. The Prophet is great if a bit sluggish when not pointing down but that is probably due to the heavy wheels I have on it.

al2000

El Guapo is a proper 4-bar, I think.

Sancho
    Free Member

Ive got a white 2011 covert you can have for £750

brant
    Free Member

El Guapo is a four bar link with Horst link chainstay pivot.

iridebikes
    Free Member

I have a mongoose khyber for sale, the same as chris ackrigg rides in this video –
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fohPU3pDpFU[/video]

heres a link to an ad i put up http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-mongoose-khyber-160mm-travel-frame-priced-to-sell

muddyman
    Free Member

swap them with me for some 140mm rs pikes then youl have more choice of frames !! 😀

emmodd
    Free Member

New frame or would you consider swapping for something shorter?

GEDA
    Free Member

Ah. I missed the links on the chain stay. I had a Giant AC like that. Do you think it will be as “Sloppy”?

GEDA
    Free Member

And I got some revs for the Dialled that are nice.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Mine go nicelly with my SX trail. I have a medium SX trail frame for sale as I had to go up a size.

IA

Having owned and prophet, and now an EG, I’d not get an EG if you have a prophet.

It’s a great bike, better DH than the prophet (which is ace) but it’s only a bit more DH/AM – far too close in intended use. If you had both you’d never choose between them.

If you have the 66, whack ’em on that. Or swap them for something shorter/longer that you can use. If they’re in good nick RC3tis I’d maybe swap them for a pair of totems I have (currently spaced to 160 on my EG but a touch overkill!) or perhaps for some maxle rebas I’m currently selling. Probably rather just sell them tho..

fuzzhead
    Free Member

I’m running mine on a Blood – someone was selling a frame on here yesterday I think and there’s an offer online somewhere too.

The Patriot 66 would be worth a shot seeing as you already have the frame.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What frame for my Marzocchi 55 RC3?’ is closed to new replies.