Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • what forks you got on your trance ?
  • shinsplints

Dont “need” to change the 100mm forks on my Trance but “want” to (you know the feeling right…) whats anyone else running ?
    Cheers 🙂

theotherjonv

I had Marz AM1’s with the travel adjust, 100-130mm and was running then at about 120mm.

Now have the stock Rebas back on, but have been adjusted out to 115mm using the PeterPoddy travel conversion crib sheet.

Olly
    Free Member

426 u turn air revs.
    100, 130mm adjustable

flipping the stem over and running no spacers on the Zero stack headset compensates for the STUPID headtube….. just

shinsplints

olly – tells me about it – I want to pick some up 2nd hand off here ,like recons or something adjustable but who else (apart from Trance owners) has forks with 260mm of steerer ????? I swapped my spacers around & still need one that long…its bloody mental.

shinsplints

theotherjonv – havent still got the marz’s have you pal ????? 😀

atlaz
    Free Member

Pikes in the shed on the frame.

shinsplints

cheers atlaz… 🙄

scaredypants

pike here

what year is that one in the pic – that’s a massive headtube !

(… must go & have a look at mine)

shinsplints

The one in the pic i’d guess is an 08 like mine.Biggest headtubes the world has ever seen…..as i said,which is why I am having an issue finding a 2nd hand fork with a 260mm steerer !!!!!

theotherjonv

shinsplints: no, the TST cartridge went pop and I sold them on here to someone (fully aware) who had a fix for it. Seth_enslow – it just came to me.

benz
    Free Member

130mm Rev 426’s…at least that is what I think they are.

Works perfectly and because I am a short-arse with an older model, the head-tube is quite ‘normal’.

sqwheeler

Spring Recons, 85-130 (on my 05 model Trance). Seems to work pretty nice at all adjustments (although a lot of pedal strike at 85). Mostly I ride it at about 110, turn it up or down for big climbs and descents. The way I figured it these forks were just a slightly heavier version of Rebas? I had to buy new, XL frame needed long steerer!

shinsplints

why the hell do they have such a big headtube ? its mental.Just got wind that I can actually remove an internal spacer in my tora 302 solo air forks to bring them out to 130mm.Anyone done this & how hard is it /easy is it to **** ????

Jimbo
    Free Member

Get some bloody bar end plugs, Olly, before you kebab yourself. And don’t say it won’t happen, as it will, just like that “pile-up” you thought you’d avoid by setting off ahead of the pack 😉

shinsplints

Olly
    Free Member

quiet jimbo :p
    it was joes fault for shouting “get off the brakes” as i passed a kicker i would normally compress, and got SENT.

Thats an XL 2008 frame up there, headtube is 7″ tall.
    in a way i wish i got an L, to get a mere 5.5″ headtube, but im 6’5″ and the XL is labled as being for “6′ and taller” and i think an L would be a smidgen cramped.
    looks ridculous but feels fine with the stem upside down and a zero stack headset that recesses the crown a bit!
    also not helped by the fat headtube making the forks look weeedy, pikes may have solved that, but 140 would be toooo long i think.
    but its all asthetics.

ransos
    Free Member

Pace RC41 XCAM 130mm on a 2006 Trance. Just the right length.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘what forks you got on your trance ?’ is closed to new replies.