Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What forks to buy!
  • I’ve got an 08 Specialized Rockhopper Disc with Rockshox Tora’s.

Think its finally time to upgrade my Forks – Just wondering what people think is a sensible upgrade without being too expensive. Was thinking Reba’s.

🙂

julianwilson
    Free Member

Rebas are ace, especially if your old tora was not a motion control model, in which case they will be better damped and certainly lighter. Also not too expensive second hand and rather reliable. Do it! 😀

andyl
    Free Member

yup, rebas. Just choose the ones in your price bracket or better still look for a decent high end set second hand.

stanfree
    Free Member

I had old Marzocchi 44’s on my old bike and bought a set of old Dual air Revs from someone on here. The difference was like night and day . You will probably get Recon golds fairly cheap as well , keep an eye on the On One sales as they normally pop up fairly well priced.

smett72

I’ve just swapped from Tora’s to 2012 120mm Reba RL’s. 2/3rds of the weight and much plusher. Got mine from Merlin as they were 30% off plus another 10% that week. Recommended upgrade IMO.

Scapegoat

Yep, Rebas.

GeForceJunky

Can’t go wrong with a not too old Reba RL really. Bolt through dropouts are nice but quite hard to find in 100mm travel. A 120mm version can easily be reduced to 100mm though.

legend
    Free Member

I’ll sell you a nice 120mm setup Reba SL (20mm bolt through) for £160 if you want? 🙂

6079smithw
    Free Member

Just save up til you can get a Lefty

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What forks to buy!’ is closed to new replies.