Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What forks? S/H, £200 max, bolt-thru, 140/160mm travel?
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Think I've just about killed my forks (air sprung All Mountain 1 SLs) at the weekend so I'm using it as a reason to get something coil sprung. But what?

Due to limited budget, I'll be going second hand. My requirements are:
    15mm/20mm axle
    140mm minimum / 160mm maximum travel (not sure whether this will be enough so ideally 150/160mm)

Obviously thought about the Fox Vanilla 36s and Pikes but seen a few sets of QR15 150mm Vanilla 32s going on eBay for just over £200. Ideally I don't really want to spend more than £200.

Anyone aware of anything out there that fits the bill? They're for my Blur 4X which I like to leave at 160mm up front so aren't entirely sure Pikes fit the bill. I know its only 20mm difference but…

Dave

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I did a couple of deals and managed to get some Lyriks for the princely sum of £30. Yes, that's not a missprint, thirty pounds.

I sold my Pikes for £195 included in that though, so that's what you should be aiming for. 🙂

JonEdwards
    Free Member

You can have my 'zocchi Z1 Light RC2 ETA, TAS.

Adjustable between 130 & 150mm, 20mm bolt through, lock down, yadayada. Coil in one leg, air preload in the other.

Good condition (I've barely used them), 190mm steerer. Good, oldskool, openbath marzocchi feel.

Drop me a line – jonATfisherproductionsDOTcoDOTuk, if that's of interest.

Jon

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Will mail you tonight Jon. Those (or the orange Anniversary ones!) were other options… Don't want to touch the 55 range…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

The 66s are a bit too OTT. 55s would be ideal (if they worked) as they seem to be dirty cheap. I presume thats because they don't work!

I_Ache
    Free Member

They are bloody good forks tho. Im only selling because I have a pair of 36s.

danridesbikes
    Free Member

i got some 2008 fox float 36 off eBay – uncut steerer for £250, just keep an eye on newly listed buy it now stuff

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I was going to recommend either pikes or the Z1s as they are the two forks I have bought secondhand and have had no issues with.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What forks? S/H, £200 max, bolt-thru, 140/160mm travel?’ is closed to new replies.