Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What fork for ti456?
  • pop-larkin
    Free Member

Apologies if done before (Im sure it will have been) but considering lightening up the bike. Currently have coil Revs set at 120mm but wondering if I should go for some new air forks- good deals on the 2010 Revs but will 140mm be too much travel ?
    Alternatively has anyone got Magura Thors on their's- if so are they any good.
    For the record Im not a big jumper type so dont need to be super hardcore but do weigh slightly north of 14st 😳

MrOvershoot

Umm you do know what the 456 in the name means don't you?

Steel & Ti 456 both running Pikes here, & apart from silly steep climbs they stay @ 140mm

coolhandluke
    Free Member

currently its got 140mm Magura Thor's on my ti456 but until last week it was with some Fox 36's.

The Thors were out for the first time on Sunday and I rode everything I would with the 36's so I'd say they were good, bob on in fact. "Stiff" (as in not flexy), "precise" would be two words to sum them up so far.

I sessioned a nice rocky descent off Rivington pike a few times and then a loads of steps before more steps and then the China gardens a few times with some more steps thrown in for good measure, all with me messing around with air pressures and rebound settings.

Not as plush as the fox 36's (Van R) but they do have to settle in still I guess.

I didn't bother with the 100mm travel setting as I know I can ride everything I ride at Rivington with 160mm forks on so 140 would be a doddle. Played with the lock out albert select thing and was impressed at how much easier it seemed to go up hill but as I wanted to bed the seals in I didn't lock them up for long.

Keva
    Free Member

I've got 130mm dual air Revs on mine.

higgo
    Free Member

My steel one has had 110-140mm Pikes on for ages now. I never bother to wind them down for climbing but have done (at e.g. Llandegla or Cannock) to sharpen up the steering.

igm

My steel (soon to be carbon or Ti – same geometry) has 140 Revs and feels right.

happysv
    Free Member

2010 revs here at 150mm and its fine.

mrh86

I've got 140mm revs on mine. Used to have difficulty keeping the front end down, but no longer have that problem. It was more to do with bad technique I think, than too much travel.

br
    Free Member

Two sets for mine, a 120mm maxle Reba and a 150mm 36 talas.

I'm looking at a pair of the new U-Turn maxle Revs, as they ought to be the ideal compromise as they are the weight of the Reba's but the length of the 36's – but at £500+…

heihei

150mm Fox Floats on mine and much better than the previous Pikes.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Currently have coil Revs set at 120mm

Let them all the way out for a start…….

mbs2010
    Free Member

Have run various forks on my steel 456, but these 44 Ti RC3 have proved Marzocchi are back making great forks once again. I have been lucky enough to have had these since the begining of November 2009 they are super plush, easy to set up and give me no problems as of yet. This is the fork that all the mags are waiting to test.
    http://s793.photobucket.com/albums/yy218/mbs-2010/On%20one%20Titanum%20and%20steel%202009/?action=view&current=074.jpg

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What fork for ti456?’ is closed to new replies.