Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What footwear for MTB'ing?
  • steviegil
    Free Member

Im looking to buy a new pair of trainer's/boot's for my MTB, so what would you guy's reccomend??

Oh, im running normal pedal's not SPD's 🙂

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

five ten, there amazing. the high tops are good if your prone to clipping your ankles. http://www.cycle-world.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b148s68p8416

jedi

go to tkmax or somewhere and find a skateshoe with a less flexy sole than the others and there you go

bassspine
    Free Member

I love five tens, but they are horrible once they get wet.
    I'm currently coping with the wet (well, up to yesterday!) with DC WR skate shoes – the WR stands for water resistant, and they are pretty good.

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

ok five tens and seal skin socks?

steviegil
    Free Member

Jedi, that's what i have been wearing for the past wee while and they are OK, wondered if their was something better..

Cheers fella's 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ok five tens and seal skin socks?

from what my flat wearing mate says when wet they stay wet until summer

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

the socks or the shoes?

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

i've never had problems with 5-10's getting wet
    justdo the same as any other shoe/boot when wet. open them up, stuff some paper inside. and stick em in a boiler cupboard/near a radiator to dry.

fine by the morning.

AGray
    Free Member

I use 5-10's and seal skin socks – Cant recommend them enough!

teamfinners
    Free Member

Sports Direct have got huge stocks of Karrimor hiky type boots and trainers at very reasonable prices. I just picked up a pair of low trainers for getting to work with and they were £19.99. Long Karrimor cycling legging £9.99 as well.

Worth a look IMO.

ahwiles
    Free Member

not again…?

take out the insole of your 5-10's, you'll notice that the foot-bed is made from cardboard.

your expensive shoes are made from cardboard.

and they don't dry out till August.

They are very comfy, and offer loads of grip and feel, but until they start making them properly, and with a bit less pointless absorbant padding, i'll happily use my shimano am40's – which look weird, but work well. (mp90's look less odd)

(needless to say, not quite as 'feely' as 5-10's)

Bagstard
    Free Member

5.10 freeride
    Nike Air morgan 6.0
    Vans waffle sole
    Shimano whassaname 'special' shoes

Reluctant
    Free Member

Shimano special shoes! They very good with flats and reasonably water resistant, even if they do look a bit strange.
    I've gone back to spd,so have them in the pic for sale, size 40 if anyone has tiddly feet, like me!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What footwear for MTB'ing?’ is closed to new replies.