Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What flat shoes for a soft lass?
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve got 2FO’s which I think are great but these will be no good for the ice queen, with their airy and water permeable mesh construction. Her AM7’s are on their last legs, so does she go for the same again (or whatever the new one is), or something else? Waterproof is virtually essential, ‘too hot’ is an oxymoron to her.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

There have been previous posts about this before and the consensus was that there isn’t a waterproof flat mtb shoe out there with a decent sole for cycling . I have had 2FOs and Five Tens and the five tens are night and day better than the 2FOs for grip on the bike , they also seem a bit better for slip resistance when off the bike , although they are still not great in that respect.Shimano do a winter boot that has a flat sole but still is no mach for the Five Tens who unfortunately don’t do a waterproof shoe . There was a company who would re-sole a winter boot with a Five Ten stealth sole if you are really desperate . Sorry just realised the AM 7 is Shimanos winter boot .

legend
    Free Member

AM7s are terrible, why would you do that to her?

Also, invest heavily in good socks

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Knee high sealskinz with the comfy flat shoe that fits her.

Job’s a good ‘un.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Ok, which 5.10s are the most weatherproof?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Any of the elements ones.

roverpig

Not cheap, but I can’t find much to fault with my Vaude Moab STX AM shoes (purchased following a positive review in the magazine). Maybe a bit less feel than the FiveTens (i.e. a stiffer sole), but that makes them better for all day pedalling, so it’s swings and roundabouts as usual. Waterproof and showing very little signs of wear after a Scottish winter (which has been enough to kill FiveTens in the past).

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I got a pair of 2fo’s from Evan’s ex-display stock, £40 brand new but nobody. Worth a look here for some flat shoes
    https://www.evanscycles.com/offers/ex-demo-ex-display_c/clothing-category

honeybadgerx

Seal skins or similar for starters. Got my ice lady some elements EPS for crimbo and she puts them head and shoulders above the standard five tens.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Thanks. She’s already got SealSkinz socks as well! She’s a proper wuss when it comes to temperature.

ton

mrs ton has these. waterproof too.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Q1vQ4V]2016-12-13_08-20-39[/url] by 20ston, on Flickr

jam-bo
    submarined
    Free Member

I suffer from Reynaud’s, so i(literally) feel her pain. I bough some Freerider EPS highs and while they are really good in the cold, when water gets inside them they’re just as freezing as anything else. Have just bought some Sealskinz, will report back when I’ve actually tried them…

garage-dweller

Seal skins = waterproof
    and 5-10s = grip

Local newspaper + radiator = dry
    Daily Mail if coated in dog egg.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What flat shoes for a soft lass?’ is closed to new replies.