Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • What fast XC Carbon Full Sus – Frame only
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

I’m looking for a comfy all day marathon machine. NOt interested in a trail bike as I already have one, plus I’ve got a nice set of 100mm forks which will be take onff my current bike so ideally wanting a 100mm rear end.

Looking for something max of 1800 quid, needs to be a medium. Would rather find something on interest free credit, but if not not an issue.

So foar looked at and dismissed

Talboy 2 – on sall for 1800 quid but a Large willl be a little long in the seat tube – if I’m spending that kind of money I want it to be perfect
    Niner Jet – again in budget – no a fan of the looks

Pivot Mach 429 SL – Again looks nasty

Anthem Advanced 29er – would love one, but none available

Spesh Epic – Last one sold from bike scene yesterday.this was my original choice. Can only find the swrks version as a frame only, and that come in at 3k!!

Rocky Mountain element – cant appear to buy the frame only in the UK. Would also be near top o list

Any other options available within price range, or know of any good secod hand deals about?

ta

weeksy

Carbon Spearfish ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ask a shop if they sell they can get the element frame, not sure if they advertise them as much but anything like that is going to be up in the big cash market. Love mine rides bigger than it looks

tpbiker
    Free Member

really needing an old model mike, the 2017 version will be over budget as you say

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ah then the frame is the same across the line of the carbon ones I think, so a used bike would be a good shout.

teamslug
    Free Member

Spearfish was gonna be my suggestion. I’d love one but i’m on n+1=d at the moment.

quintet100
    Free Member

Hi
    I have just the bike,
    My Scott Spark 910 in medium.
    Fully upgraded.
    23lbs all day race machine.
    email in profile.

onandon
    Free Member

Scalpel

tpbiker
    Free Member

the spearfish looks bloody lovely. Id have that if i could find one in budget. Not many out there however. Wheres best place to buy one?

quintet sending you an e.mail

pigyn
    Free Member

Spearfish Carbon

Or an Orbea Oiz :p

tpbiker
    Free Member

Mark, just saw your advert on ebay and sent you a mail.

oliverracing

Scott Spark would definitely be my recommendation (I also own one) fantastically capable bike that I’ve used for XC racing right through to bikepacking across the alps. I got my whole bike including a spare set of carbon wheels for your budget (lightly used) so if you shop around I would be surprised if you can’t find a deal somewhere!

pigyn
    Free Member

Just noticed you wanted a medium rendering my suggestion of our discounted Spearfish pointless.

Give me a shout with the Pedals contact details if you want information about an Oiz OMP frame on finance, we can do it and they are stunning value with a lifetime warranty.

jonnyrockymountain

turner czar

tpbiker
    Free Member

czar out my price range. Pigyn, you are my local bike shop and I’d have had that spearfish off you if it was a medium! Assume you can’t source one for me?

I’m considering a second hand spark frame off here. Its a 2014 910 with Aluminium rear fox nude with rmote and a brand new ceramic BB. Neither me or seller know what it would be worth, so hes happy to ask on here.

Any thoughts?

steve_b77
    Free Member

How’s about this KTM Scarp granted it’s alloy, but it’s well under budget and pretty light. I have the carbon one and that’s bloody fantastic

tpbiker
    Free Member

seriously considering an ex demo asrc now. I’m thinking it may be a bit more versatail than a pure race machine. And given I haven’t raced in 2 years it may be a better option to compliment my trance and full on downhill rig.

Hence my other thread about how easy it is to convert my Sids to 120 mm, as I think 100m won’t do it justice.

lesgrandepotato

I’ve just come from a Spark which is a great all day bike to a Niner Jet. I’d say the niner feels a little more composed and just as rapid place to place. The looks are growing on me. Picked it up for 1800 with a new frame and some very lightly used components. Looks much better dirrty!

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

The Spark is a very capable bike and much more than just an XC racer. I’d recommend. either that for find a 2nd hand Czar, they’re ACE!

tpbiker
    Free Member

Ended up getting an ARSc frame from my LBS, Pedals in Edinburgh

Looks perfect for what I need it for, bit less race orientated and more an all day mile munched

Still not built up fully, ned to sort it out in NY

dickie
    Free Member

My mate got a full build Czar medium, with Fox kashima fork, yesterday.
    Silverfish show bike, never ridden, for £2k.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

My mate got a full build Czar medium, with Fox kashima fork, yesterday.
    Silverfish show bike, never ridden, for £2k.

That was a bargain!

jonnyrockymountain

I saw that at silverfish, but poor spec of components/wheels for a top of range frame, I’d be wanting to spend another 1k on upgrading
    Ps here’s mine with proper spec

dickie
    Free Member

I saw that at silverfish, but poor spec of components/wheels for a top of range frame, I’d be wanting to spend another 1k on upgrading

He is. Still £2k for the frame & fork is good.

Ps here’s mine with proper spec

Looks just like mine although there was much orange showing after yesterdays ride.

dickie
    Free Member

edit: waswasn’t

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘What fast XC Carbon Full Sus – Frame only’ is closed to new replies.