• This topic has 51 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by mrmo.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • What exactly is a "Sink Estate"?
  • MussEd
    Free Member

cant for the life of me think of a place where the definition in my head actually exists.

Well how the deuce are we meant to think of a place in your head then?

If you and I keep going though we might make it to 3 pages, though my boy will be coming round from his nap soon, and I really need to clean the bog before that happens. Laters…good luck with your quest for other folk finding a definition in your own head…

messiah
    Free Member

MussEd
    Free Member

Hand-wash-basin-roll-of-carpet-hatchback?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

ok, how about this?

can’t really tell if it’s an estate though

wwaswas

photoshop fail estate?

messiah
    Free Member

EDIT – might not be an estate… might not be sinking.

messiah
    Free Member

If it’s an estate car it’s a winner!

EDIT – See this pictorial. of a sink estate.

freddyg
    Free Member

This one is an estate though:

I was there (with about 40 others) when the plonker got stuck. Shame as the car was only 2 weeks old.

restless
    Free Member

sink estates in my opinion do exist, but are as much a result of housing policy as anything else. If you can qualify for council housing you probably have issues of some description. Be it drugs, single parent, asylum etc. What you end up with an estate of problems.

Wow how narrow minded are you!
    Since when is being a single parent an ‘issue of some description’.
    I am a single parent but I am certainly not an issue or a problem.

sbob
    Free Member

A lot of single parents do not earn enough to pay their way. I’m sure the poster you quoted didn’t mean that all single parents are in that position, but knowing how much childcare costs I’d suggest you’re in a minority.

elzorillo
    Free Member

and being a single parent will increase substantially your points score for getting social housing.

I’m sure no malice was intended.

mrmo
    Free Member

restless, not saying you are a problem, what i am trying to say is all the groups that are most likely to need help are because of housing policy often dumped into the same estates often with very little help.

For the record i came from a single parent household, money was always tight, you learn to do without, well you know no better so don’t know you are doing without, such is life. No one says life is fair, but i saw many others take the easy route of getting what they were “entitled” to. The environment in which you live matters, call it peer pressure if you will. It does no one any favours to dump those who need help into one place, preferably far away from the decent schools, the decent middle class areas, etc.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘What exactly is a "Sink Estate"?’ is closed to new replies.