Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • what earphones for cycling?
  • singletracksurfer

My wireless blue tooth, over the ear type were great, but my kid has just broken the mp3 player 👿

my in the ear ones have lost the ‘in the ear bit’. They were good, cut the external noise out very well, but did fall out now and again.

Looking on play.com they have around the back of the head or over the ear styles so just wondering what people use and rate.

Thanks.

kiwijohn

Ultimate Ears 300vi, or just 300 if you don’t need the controls on the cable.
    I’m using 400vi’s with my iphone & the sound is pretty darn good.

rp16v
    Free Member

can of worms?

i use philips over earphones had them for about 6 or so years now and still as crisp as new only ride with one in tho as i still like to no whats going on.

MarkN
    Free Member

None, you should be listening and be aware as to what is around you.

DezB
    Free Member

can’t find those ones. – http://www.amazon.co.uk/url=search-keywords=youshouldbelisteningandbeawareastowhatisaroundyou&x=0&y=0

Sennheisers are good.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Mine and a few other peoples Sennheisers stop working in the left ear

fasthaggis

None, you should be listening and be aware as to what is around you

Sorry ,What?

fasthaggis

I use these BTW You will not Die

singletracksurfer

I use my eyes to be aware of what is around me 😀

I’m off road and going so fast I only need to knwo what’s happening in front not behind 😉

Oggles
    Free Member

Resists feeding the troll…

I just use the cheap apple ones. Don’t want to spend too much because they end up getting trashed from the sweat, mud and water, and these seem to last fairly well compared to bargain bucket £5 Sony ones. Don’t like over the ear ones as they interfere with my sunnies.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Sennheisers are good.

not universally true as I found out when I bought some of those ones with the band that goes round the back of the head. I have heard Sonys that sounded better…

gamo
    Free Member

Beats Tour!

5lab

shure make good in-ear earphones. always been happy with mine

DezB
    Free Member

More specifically Sennheiser CX400s then.
    And the one’s I had before, can’t remember the model, had them for about 5 years of sweat and rain and they still work fine, great sound, great fit, only reason for getting new ones was iPods in armbands need a straight plug and they had right-angle. Cost about £12 from Amazon.

budgierider67

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-ED21LP-Groove-Earpiece-headphones/dp/B00009NK3L/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299772029&sr=8-1

Cheap. Good sound quality. Comfortable. Stay put when running or cycling. Decent cable length. They don’t completely cut out the external noise like my Shure’s do but I think that’s a good thing for this application.

dickie
    Free Member
    RichPenny
    Free Member

If you put your player into a rear pocket, try to avoid headphones which have an extra socket and jack on the cable. The weight on mine tries to pull the loop of cable out, thus snagging it on bushes etc. I’d like to read the tale of woe above, just to see how tenuous a link there is.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I have these :-

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/nws-w-series

Completely wireless as the earpiece is also the storage device. Very comfy to wear, very good sound quality and suprisingly secure on the head.

Edric64
    Free Member

I want to know whose ears the in ear phones are modelled on as they never stay in mine

epo-aholic
    Free Member

i use the sennheiser sport ones, now branded adidas. They have a ‘fin’ to stop them falling out and are sweat resistant, sound good too……..

elaineanne
    Free Member

none…you shud be consentrating on looking at your lines… 😉 :mrgreen:

CaptJon
    Free Member

Discriminationalist. What about deaf people? Or blind people? Huh?

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

I have these :-

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/nws-w-series

Completely wireless as the earpiece is also the storage device. Very comfy to wear, very good sound quality and suprisingly secure on the head.

And were 29.99 on M&S website for the 2gb versions, only violet or pink left now however.

That said you shouldn’t be wearing any when cycling. naughty.

dadster21
    Free Member

Best ones that I have used are the Bang and Olufsen A8 headphones. Hang over the ears so don’t shake off and sit comfortably in the ear for great sound. Have ridden for 2 years and not a single problem (even in rain and mud). Search around as they can cost the earth but can also be found pretty cheap on ebay….

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I use my eyes to be aware of what is around me

Why not wear a blindfold and make it even more exciting then? 🙄

RichPenny
    Free Member

Why not wear a blindfold and make it even more exciting then?

Don’t be silly that would be dangerous.

Dickies article, if you read it, describes someone riding into the back of a lorry after failing to stop at a junction. This quote is at the end of the link:

Bicycle Accident Law comment: Cyclists are not banned from wearing headphones while riding in England, Wales or Scotland. It is not clear from the description of this accident that it was caused by the unfortunate cyclist wearing headphones, although the article implies that it was.

superfli
    Free Member

Yeah the Sennheiser adidas ones are good. I got a pair as my old headphones bust from water and sweat. As they arent in the ear, they allow you to hear a bit more around you:

Sennheiser OMX 680
    http://www.oddsandpods.co.uk/sennheiser-adidas-omx-680-omx680-sports-stereo-headphones-p-822.html?source=googlebase

£28 delivered inc remote volume ctrl

toppers3933
    Free Member

isnt it offence to wear headphones whilst cycling on the road. genuine question. this dude is probably off road anyway.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Genuine answer toppers3933. Read.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘what earphones for cycling?’ is closed to new replies.