• This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Roo.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • what dual chain guide ?
  • blinty
    Free Member

whats a good dual chain guide i can use with my slx double cranks??

Northwind

Blackspire’s stinger is simple and effective. Does have a lot of metal in it, though that can be an advantage, i had to cut mine to get it to fit round the swingarm whereas with my Gamut one, that’d have been impossible.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

black spire is ok but my e13 drs works really nice

Vortexracing

I use a Gamut Dual, lightweight and works a treat

Northwind

The Gamut’s lovely isn’t it. Weighs nothing at all. Bearing in mine didn’t last very long which was a bit annoying but still.

juiced
    Free Member

i like my dmr dual device. cheap, simple, effective and rebuildable.

alpin
    Free Member

got a stinger with SLX double. have bent it a few times when attemping something stupid, but it was easily bent back into shape. cheap, esay to fit and it works.

paul20v
    Free Member

I have an SLX double
    and i couldnt get the stingers double step pulley to run on the granny ring properly it would fall off the step one way of the other no matter which way i adjusted it
    i ended up fitting a 32mm flat motor bike chain roller to it which works faultless .

alpin
    Free Member

^^ did you use the various bb spacers on the drive side in order to position the chainrings inline with the roller?

richwales

Blackspire stnger here – on a 73mm shell with just the plate as a spacer (giving50mm chain line) the chainring is not centered in the roller (too far inwards). If I used an additional spacer at the bb it would be perfect, but would this affect the axle of the crankarms and how far it sticks out the non drive side ie decent purchase for the non drive side crankarms ( hollwtech 2) and enough thread for the drive side cup.

kaesae
    Free Member

I run an e13drs but it can be a bit of a pain, especially if your running a rubber roller. The tend to become mis shapen and then jam against the actual device. Seen it happen on my two of my mates last year and mine this year. If you run one check it regularly to make sure thast it rotates.

As for the stinger I am seriously thinking about giving it a go, heard a lot of good things about them.

Roo
    Free Member

+1 for the stinger

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘what dual chain guide ?’ is closed to new replies.