Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What dslr camera case?
  • udnylad
    Free Member

Any recomendations for easy to carry/wear case for dslr and single lense (up to 55-200mm)? Would be used for walking, so getting damp/wet would be a bit of a sure thing.

Thanks

LeeW

Pretty much anything that it'll fit in from Lowepro.

http://www.lowepro.com/

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

LowePro Mini AW.

Very good, but I just sold mine as it was too small for me in general, but too big for MTBing.
    They will take your camera with lens, and another smaller lens as well. They have a waterproof cover and lots of little pockets for memory and battteries etc

Very cheap on Ebay

EDIT
    Hang on, I might have got the name wrong, just checking….

5thElefant
    Free Member

Tamrac holsters are worth a look.

algarvebairn
    Free Member

i've dropped a couple of hints to my wife to get me a LowePro Slingshot for my birthday next week. As its a rucksack (kinda) it looks like it'll be a bit more steady on the bike than an ordinary camera case/bag.

stumpy01

I've got a Lowe Pro Slingshot 200AW & it's big enough for my D80 with 18-135 lens + the 70-300 VR lens as well & could probably get a 50mm prime in too.
    There's a couple of pockets on the outside for stashing filters, wipes etc. and it has a built in soft cleaning cloth as well as a waterproof cover.
    EDIT – the only real drawback of the Slingshot is that I find the back isn't really designed for walking with so it's just a thick, padded bit and can leave you quite sweaty on longer walks. Not designed with vent channels or anything like Camelbaks.

I'd also look at the Think Tank Photo range of stuff available from http://www.snapperstuff.com
    I bought the Digital Holster10 & chest harness to wear mountain biking & it's great. The holster comes with a shoulder strap, a dividing piece, a waterproof cover, a cleaning cloth and it extends if necessary to carry a bigger lens. The quality is excellent, there's loads of neat, thoughtful touches and they really do seem to have thought of everything.
    They do all sorts of bags & stuff & I'll definitely be considering getting one of their larger bags in future.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What dslr camera case?’ is closed to new replies.