• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by golo.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What dropper post lever?
  • finners

Damaged the lever on my command post. Can anyone recommend a replacement and where from? New Spesh, KS etc etc

stevied
    Free Member

The Thomson one is the best I’ve used, expensive to buy separately tho. The KS southpaw looks good too but not tried one:
    http://www.stif.co.uk/mtb/product/ks-southpaw-dropper-lever-blacksilver/12303

mcnultycop

Southpaw is ace. Stupid price though.

SirHC

Modified front shifter, Jared Graves as well as a few others use this method.

tomhoward

Ah, so are cable dropper levers interchangable then, no issues with the amount of cable they pull? Interesting…

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

As long as it’s sprung, they actually pull the cable only a short amount, so a gear shifter is ideal if you have a dremmel to remove some of the ratchets.

It’s not exactly a light way of doing things though, when the new Specialized & KS levers weigh a fraction of the weight though.

finners

Any cheaper options than the southpaw? Interested in the shifter mod. Tell me more…

SirHC

Havent done it myself. Dont really fancy taking a drill to a brand new solaris frame to put a stealth dropper in, so likely to go the KS route and mod a front shifter if I end up running 1×10/11

Hack! Make Your Road or Mountain Bike Front Shifter Activate a Dropper Post!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If it’s available as a spare, the new Spesh Command Post lever is a marvel! (Shame the stock post it comes with is so gash, mind you)

Mounts as if it was a shifter, and/or on a Matchmaker clamp.

Was brilliant in use.

mda

nemesis’ link is the one I followed to convert an SLX shifter for a KS LEV post. Running 1×10 and a LH shifter for the uppie downie seatpost is one of the best upgrades I’ve ever carried out.

golo
    Free Member

If you’re running 1×11 I can recommend the SRL that Flasheart shows above. They are available (typically order in) for an eye watering £50. If you want an original lever, I’ve just taken mine off to get said eye watering but really neat SRL. email in my profile.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What dropper post lever?’ is closed to new replies.