Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • what drone (blowing cash on needless hobbies content)
  • cheez0
    Free Member

Hello,

seen plenty of youtubes etc on some great drone footage and am tempted to splash some cash

anything you can recommend?

anything to avoid?

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

http://www.dji.com/product/spreading-wings-s1000-plus

Well, if you’re going to do it, do it properly.

z1ppy
    captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Don’t get any of these.
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9rnTk6FBzs[/video]
    They all look a bit crap.

Bregante

I got to have a look at a Huginn X1 a few weeks back but at £50k (with Thermal Imaging Camera fitted) I suspect it might be a bit out of budget?
    http://www.antheatechnologies.com/sky-watch-huginn-x1/huginn-x1-information/product-information.aspx

Mikeypies
    Free Member

dont get one of those boring camera drones they are so yesterday

FPV drone racing is where its at (First Person View)

I watched a guy flying his on Saturday and looked like he had a blast

cheez0
    Free Member

Lol, thanks guys, i spose i should specify a budget.. 🙂

What can i get for £200-250?*

Mindful of the stw phenomenon of half of the next replies will be £300-500!

Cheers,

cheezey b.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Start with something small as it will generally bounce rather than smash when it goes in. while you’re learning not to crash that save a few extra quid and get something a bit bigger and a bit faster. if it were me id buy a cheap Blade bind and fly quad and a better radio (spectrum dx6) so the radio will be usable on other models and the parts for Blade quads are cheap and readily available.

dx6

if you can run to £250 then this

if you can run to a bit more then these are a hoot.

don’t forget to factor in a couple of extra batteries.
    Blade and Spectrum stuff always sells really easily and for good money too if you decide its not for you and you decide to sell it.

tthew

Topper’s first advice is good. I like my little Hubsan X4. There’s some more expensive versions with a built in camera, but for practice that’s not really necessary. Hubsan X4

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I was totally ready to buy the new DJI Phantom 3 advanced. And then I decided nope. And bought the Ronin M gimbal instead as I can actually make money with that. Probably.
    Drones are legally quite limited in what you can do with them, and I can’t see that getting any easier.

grim168
    Free Member

Im currently learning with a hubsan while waiting for a cheerson cx 20 to be delivered from china. Its a phantom copy for a lot less money.

willard

Look up the TBS Geminii or Discovery. One’s for FPV racing, the other for filming.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘what drone (blowing cash on needless hobbies content)’ is closed to new replies.