Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What does everyone think of the Boardman Pro?
  • mtbeatle
    Free Member

I'm almost desperatley trying to decide on a new hardtail.

The boardman pro get great reviews and seems to be the best value for money in this price range.

I had never previously hear of this make so dont know what to do. Its a lot of mpney for me to spend and being a slight snob when it comes to things for this I don't want to buy something thats looked down upon.

What do you think about this bike?

meikle_partans
    Free Member

its probably about the best specced bike you can get for the money

however

when we went to halfords to try one out they refused us a test ride. not only that but the tyres werent pumped up and there wasnt a suitable pump to blow them up with! this meant that the person wanting to buy couldnt even straddle the bike to check for size. we walked.

rob2
    Free Member

I got one through the cycle to work scheme. It really is top notch, excellent finish on the frame.

I don't think people will be snobby as those who know realise its a great bike.

Tyres are shite mind and they do size up small – I thought I'd be a small but medium fits ok

Northwind

I nearly got one, but felt after a test ride it maybe a wee bit too much of a scalpel and not enough of a blunt instrument for my tastes. But very very nice for all that- still wouldn't rule it out in the future.

I'd say try the Carrera Titan as well if you're around a grand and Cycletoworking… Not quite as good a spec in places but it's another very nice bike. Though it's even more xc-ey.

retro83
    Free Member

really good, if my mate didn't already have one, i'd be getting one myself. The FS is nice too!

VassagoJay
    Free Member

Cant comment on the MTB version but I've got the road version, great bike but the customer service is sooooooo poor.
    1st time I rode it the rear cassette came apart and cracked the freehub !! Im still waiting for the replacement wheel — it has only been 6 months of waiting though (so far)
    The frame also had to be replaced as the frame came apart.

Fantastic spec for the money though

squarewheels
    Free Member

Had one for about a year. It is very well spec'ed and it rides well. I like it but I don't love it – just lacks some personality. But that's no reflection on whether or not it is a good bike.

If you do get one…. have a good check over it before you take it away – I realised some time after that almost every alan bolt had be rounded to a lesser or greater extent by the Hellfrauds spanner monkey.

Northwind

Thing is, if you buy one and for whatever reason don't like it, you've still got a brilliant selection of parts which you could transfer onto a different frame. I doubt you could build a better Scandal, for instance, by buying seperate parts than you could buy buying the Boardman and a Scandal frame.

Not to imply that you'll have to, it's a good frame but the option's there.

father
    Free Member

Several of the lads at work got these through bike2work scheme. I've heard no complaints and they all seem to be in good fettle after a year's use.

mtb_matt
    Free Member

If you can get over the Halfords bit. I think its a good bike and about the best spec you can get for the money. I don't think much of the saddle and I'm not sure about the tyres, but everything else seems good.

Matt

grantway
    Free Member

Think alot of pople are having trouble with Halfords
    The bike maybe ok but service etc on most forums seem to
    be very bad.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What does everyone think of the Boardman Pro?’ is closed to new replies.