Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • What does Autumn mean to you?
  • matt_outandabout

Frosty clear starts to the day.
    Fresh air.
    Great colours.
    Favourite time of year.

postierich
    Free Member

putting newspaper in my biking boots! Cold ride home from the pub after a night ride after a couple of pints!

chewkw
    Free Member

What does Autumn mean to you?

Dark days ahead, cold, Xmas and New Year … sales, discount, more shopping … 😆

breadcrumb

Better riding climate, shame it’s dark so much.

wrecker
    Free Member

Start of the shit weather. Going to work when it’s dark, coming home when it’s dark. Still, at least the M5 clears up a bit.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Rain, slippery, green chalk and sticky mud.

In short, no more off road cycling until March.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Panettone from Lidl

mintimperial

Everything starts to die and rot. The nights get longer and darker, the weather wetter and and colder (but not cold enough to be interesting). The mud starts to build up, the puddles stick around longer, leaves block drainage, drivers get even more dopey. November is coming, the worst month of the year. And then on top of everything else people start banging on about **** xmas.

I hate Autumn.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Riding down the steps in the garden sliding on the walnuts that have fallen in the night, sliding around on the carpet of apples in the orchard that means its time to borrow the neighbour’s pig to hoover them up. And then remembering what happened last time we tried that.
    And generally loving commuting to work through mud and puddles when everyone else is bitching about being stuck on the A34 for an hour. I mean I’ve been riding my bike in the mud and everything, and no one gets to tell me off!

yunki
    Free Member

More riding.. More motivation.. Nice photographs and awesome fungi

bomberpork
    Free Member

A chest infection. Every **** year.

corroded
    Free Member

Making enough blackberry jelly and plum chutney to last until next autumn.
    Road biking through russet leaves.
    Chill mornings.

corroded
    Free Member

Oh and holidays. Lots of holidays. September’s great, best month of the year (tied with May). October’s fine. November, December and January are awful. February is unbearable. March is the hinterland before life returns in April. I need to get away for two of those months or bad things happen.

molgrips
    Free Member

At least in December, January and February you can hope for snow.

Northwind

Best season. Not too hot, not too wet, not too dry, not too nettly. All these smells! That special watery light you only really get in autumn/early winter. Starting riding in the afternoon, riding through sunset, and ending at night

I suppose I started riding in autumn, it just feels right.

jonnyrobertson

Low Railhead Adhesion.

molgrips
    Free Member

not too wet,

Lolz.. where do you live?

In the West autumn arrives with the first atlantic low pressure system of September….

thestabiliser
    Free Member

The annual Whinlatter hypothermia challenge. Where stevestunts and I pick the coldest wettest saturday of the year for our now quarterly (thanks kids) pedal out.

thenorthwind

Feeling cold, but not being able to moan about it. Although it never feels like summer is warm, it actually is, but happens so gradually you don’t notice. Then September comes and you suddenly you feel cold because it’s only 12 degrees out but it’s only September and it’s going to get a lot lot worse before it gets better so you better man up and pretend not to notice so you can break out the jackets when the going really gets tough.

On the other hand, toad in the hole.

So it kind of balances out.

Northwind

molgrips – Member

Lolz.. where do you live?

Edinburgh- they call it the athens of the north, because of its mediterranean climate.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘What does Autumn mean to you?’ is closed to new replies.