Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • What do you want from life?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

After a pretty full on session last night that culminated with going to bed at 7.15am I’ve been in a very reflective mood all day. My best friend just randomly turned up with his wife last night after saying they were having a quiet one (nye) this year. Made me think how good having good mates really is. Been out for an impromptu walk with the dog and the wife whilst the sister in law looked after the kids, then we’ve spent 2 hrs in the human soup hot tub with the kids, chatting about random things from entering bike races to girl/boy friends. I genuinely believe that right now I couldn’t be in a better place with my favourite people and dog.
    Happy new year from a happy wrighty!

MoreCashThanDash

For the people I care about to be happy.

Tend to mess myself up trying to help them though 🙁

tommid
    Free Member

Been questioning this a lot lately after a dreadful 2015.
    Calm contentment would be more than enough. I don’t want to be rich or famous. I would love to be able to take my daughter to school each morning and pick her up, work hard, both at work and in my private life. I have some amazing friends a true soul mate and best friend and a brilliant daughter, could I want anything more?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

What do you want from life?

no idea

The most interesting people I know didn’t know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives
    Some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don’t

still time

Rubber_Buccaneer

Sex and bikes it would seem and plenty of both.

gordimhor

Love health happiness

binners

1. Coke
    2. Hookers

Klunk
    Free Member

I wanna bash some KOMs

Klunk
    Free Member

and be stoked

CheesybeanZ

Mental calm , its been a bit busy and noisy in there for a while now.

takisawa2

Still not sure I know.
    Have good job, no money issues.

But I see my mates Facebook pics of his new life in Oz & I want some of it.
    ?

zippykona

A bit more time.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A binners of my own.

chewkw
    Free Member

In this life happiness (including all positives) … oohhh … look at those lovely fluffy animals. 😛

In the after life I shall judge you to the hilt! 😈

edit: … especially to those that harmed my family … they did but failed …

edit: … Can’t turn back the time then don’t do the harm …

duncancallum

Happy.

Wether rich or poor don’t care just happy…

grahamt1980

To be happy and have good friends and family around me.
    Also to be challenged in my work (paid or otherwise)

jools182
    Free Member

Getting towards mid 40’s now and I still don’t know what to do

I’d like to be happy, that’s the main thing, and I haven’t been happy since my 20’s

I’m struggling with health, anxiety, frustration. I think this has come about by health not being great for over 10 years. Losing my (admittedly very flaky) circle of friends, and being in a job that used to be not badly paid, but is now awful. I’m a Civil Engineering technician and I’m not even earning enough to pay off my student loan from 20 years ago

I’d like to completely change my surroundings, I’d love to move to another country, somewhere with much better weather, but I really don’t see how I can do it. If I could save a bit of cash I’d just go somewhere and wing it, but it’s not possible due to just breaking even

So, new surroundings and happiness are what I want. I’m not greedy, enough cash for bills, a roof over my head, nice food and a holiday or two would suit me fine

Speshpaul

To be f***ed about less and to increase my tolerance to be being F***ed about.

Pigface
    Free Member

……… to kidnap and heiress and threaten her with a knife

Kryton57

Outside of my body, I have what I want enough to keep me happy, my family specifically.

Inside of my body, acceptance. Of me, by me. Not constantly judging myself in all things by what I think people do, have, think of me and instantly guarding myself against it. This is the hardest bit, but I am working on it.

chewkw
    Free Member

jools182 – Member
    Getting towards mid 40’s now and I still don’t know what to do

I’d like to be happy, that’s the main thing, and I haven’t been happy since my 20’s

Young man let go of everything and be at peace with yourself.

So, new surroundings and happiness are what I want. I’m not greedy, enough cash for bills, a roof over my head, nice food and a holiday or two would suit me fine

Does not work that way coz physical environment means f-all to happiness while the lesser the burden in your mind the happier you will be.

😛

MoreCashThanDash

Kryton, if you can find how to do that, I’d buy your book……

chewkw
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash – Member

Does not work if you are a positivist … 😆

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, acceptance is key. The grass is always greener somewhere else until you actually get there. Then you just find grass is grass.

Lose the attachment to things and people and just let it be. The mind will always try and convince you of something different though and you need something else to be happy. Contemplate what it is that can see those thoughts and be free.

29erKeith
    Free Member

Time to live see my son grow up with my wife to be a happy young man.

sandboy

Health and happiness for myself, family and friends. Spending quality time with my kids while they are still kids and trying my best to guide them into their futures. Sounds easy!

Kryton57

As much as this sounds easy for others, I’ve made several big decisions recently without seeking anyone else acceptance of them and left Facebook alone.

I’ve mentioned i here before, but this book contains several key pieces of advice which I’ve found very helpful http://gregmckeown.com/essentialism-the-disciplined-pursuit-of-less/

Edit: This bit is fundamental to me : It’s about challenging the core assumption of ‘we can have it all’ and ‘I have to do everything’ and replacing it with the pursuit of ‘the right thing, in the right way, at the right time’. It’s about regaining control of our own choices about where to spend our time and energies instead of giving others implicit permission to choose for us.

loddrik
    Free Member

1. Coke
    2. Hookers

Had more than enough of the first and absolutely no need for the second so just a happy wife and kids for me.

jools182
    Free Member

Does not work that way coz physical environment means f-all to happiness while the lesser the burden in your mind the happier you will be.

I’d disagree. The weather has a massive effect on me. I find the UK culture also very depressing. I’m not saying there is a perfect place, but there definitely is a better place for me.

daftvader
    Free Member

I’d like to be off the antiloony drugs, have a happy family, get my life back to some semblance of order and have a successful start up year with my knives

piemonster

For it to be easy and long

JulianA
    Free Member

Pigface – Member
    ……… to kidnap an heiress and threaten her with a knife

A solid gold Kama Sutra coffee pot
    A baby’s arm holding an apple.

bikebouy
    Free Member

To walk into a McDonnalds, order a McChicken sandwich and not think that it’s been made from all the giblets and eyes and brains and poo hole that invariably is in one.

It’s a simple ask, tough to undertake, and be comfortable with.

😛

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Binners you were wrong :

hookers THEN coke.

leffeboy

One of the things I got from the ‘Golden era’ fb page is that you can often end up in great places without seeking them out without realising it until much later. More chances for that please and the energy to take them.

nickc

carpets

kimbers

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    A binners of my own

A binners is for life, not just for Xmas,

its a lot of responsibility, you have to clean up after it, regular exercise and keep it in a constant supply of baked savouries, high in sodium and saturated fats

Mackem

to earn enough and have time enough to do the things I like. Ride bikes, go to concerts, visit places, eat nice food.

willard

I never realised that a binners was so much work. Does he _have_ to be exercised? Can’t he just talk about it instead?

As for me, I’d really like to be a dad, but after three late term miscarriages, I’m having to come to terms with that never being possible. We have, effectively, one chance left and need to work out whether it is worth taking. Failure would mean a fourth small box of ashes on the mantelpiece.

colournoise

Serious answer?

To be able to make my own choices and accept the results of those with good grace one way or the other…

(which to my admittedly half-baked humanist/taoist sensibilities is actually WAY less ominous and maudlin than it reads)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘What do you want from life?’ is closed to new replies.