Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • What do you use to stop bike glasses from fogging?
  • scant
    Free Member

hi all
    are there any suitable products that stop bike glasses from fogging up please?

Jamie
    Free Member

Yup. Contact lenses.

Sorry, but it was the only 100% cure I found.

Obviously ignore the above if you’re talking about non prescription glasses.

donsimon
    Free Member

Fairy liquid.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Unfortunately I’ve only ever had cheap glasses steam up, none of my Oakley’s do.

rocketman
    Free Member

can be very difficult to find something that works in all circumstances. The washing-up liquid thing works for me most of the time but there are still occasions when the glasses just fog up and stay fogged.

Oakley MX Pro (goggles) are about the best I’ve used but you will get some stick from your mates.

Kryton57

don simon – Member
    Fairy liquid.

+1

scant
    Free Member

swedish chef, I’m using oakley jawbones which are the worst fogging glasses I’ve ever owned 🙁

I’ll try the fairly liquid tip, thanks 🙂

mr_mills
    Free Member

I use Bob Heath visor spray which is meant for motorbike visors but works well on glasses too. Only a few quid on ebay.

bullheart
    Free Member

I ride so fast and so consistently that fogging simply cannot occur. It’s a technique learnt from years of meditation and persperic* training.

You should have a go. You’ll love it.

*I’m not too sure if this is a word, I’ll be honest.

timmys

Is there anyone out there who uses Fogtech? I’m sure someone on here recommended it but I found when I followed the directions (apply, don’t buff, let it dry) it left a cloudy residue all over the lenses. A nice kind of pre-fogged effect that is no use to man nor beast! Is it crap or am I “doing it wrong”.

messiah
    Free Member

I had a sample of stuff called “Zooke” many years ago and it worked very well.

Still around http://www.zooke.com/

mattmbk
    Free Member

MucOff do a Premium Anti-Fog treatment, works really well but is expensive and really only lasts one ride. Small bottle so can be left in your pack to use on the trail.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Cat crap…again for motorbike helmet visors/goggles but works a charm

TimP
    Free Member

Bullheart that only works for pink glasses.

Danny79
    Free Member

NeverWet looks pretty impressive in the promo videos http://www.neverwet.com/videos-news.php

hora
    Free Member

Man Juice (or washing up liquid) depending which is to hand

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What’s the application process for the Fairy Liquid, exactly?

hora
    Free Member

Smear a bit on (dry lense) and keep wiping until all removed.

Not- wash in soapy fairy liquid water.

mugsys_m8
    scaredypants

I bought some rainX once but haven’t ever actually used it

hth

stevemtb
    Free Member

Olive oil seems to work too. Not sure of the application process as someone did it for me during Relentless 24. Worked until the mud covered them too badly to see anything even after wiping!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Thanks, hora. In fog and cold, all I can see is white, sparkly diamonds…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

bob heath visor spray is the best answer to this I have found. Much better than washing up liquid

philstone

Messiah – was that the blue stuff in a pink pot? If so thanks! I used it years ago on my Oakleys, remember it being brilliant but couldn’t remember the name!

spyke85
    Free Member

Back in my scuba diving days we used to rub toothpaste on the inside of our masks. Don’t know if this will work.

Obviously clean it off before use!

BoardinBob

Rain X works but you have to re-apply it after every ride.

j4mesj4mes
    Free Member

momentum!

Taff
    Free Member

I ahve anti-fog solution but don’t really have any issues as such so just clean with windolene before every ride. Only get steaming if I’m hot and very sweaty and then stop.

theteaboy
    Free Member

I move them down to the end of my nose a) for the teacher look and b) to let the wind de-mist them for me.

bullheart
    Free Member

Bullheart that only works for pink glasses.

I flippin’ lost them… 🙁

oliverd1981
    Free Member

apparently Head and shoulders, applied in the fairy liquid fashion, is god in low temperatures. (According to a Canadian winter olympic coach who took my mates snowmobiling)

proflexforever
    Free Member

Fairy liquid and water in a small pump atomiser bottle (available from boots) spray on – wipe off. Works for hours!
    Bottle can be taken out on the trail – win!!

therag
    Free Member

Shaving foam, fairy, soap. Try any on a bathroom mirror before showering & if that don’t steam up glasses won’t

Neil-F
    Free Member

I use rain-X and it works to a certain extent, but theres a product from the same company called fog-X. Well worth a try.

singlecrack
    Free Member

The only thing that ever used to work any good on my motorbike viser and motocross goggles was Bob Heath

stucol
    Free Member

Was going to try rain-x this weekend after a drenching last weekend. Typically, it’s now to be dry all weekend.

Use the rain-x on the car all the time, makes a huge difference. Most especially when its light drizzle that smears the screen.

Toothpaste is abrasive but only a little. You can actually polish out scratches on non coated lenses with it.

mandog

Autogleam glass polish does a reasonable job. again, reapply after every ride.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘What do you use to stop bike glasses from fogging?’ is closed to new replies.