Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • What do you use to clean your bike ?
  • mountainchub
    Free Member

After every ride just good lube where needed.

Then when it really needs it, it gets hosed down, wheels off, everything washed with hot soapy water and a sponge and brush, wheels back on, drivetrain degreased and cleaned up, everything dried off, grease up seatpost and pedal threads etc, then everything properly lubed up with finish line ceramic lube which has proved to be quite good so far and GT85.

Just what I do of course – i used to use carplan triplewax but have loads of AutoGlym car shampoo so using that now and its pretty bloomin good 😀

GaryLake
    Free Member

+1 Fenwicks 1:10, leave and rinse. Then hot soapy water, normally turtle wax car shampoo. Dry with a rag and buff with GT85.

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

Peterpoddy- if only, if only….

It seemd almost plausable and I was very new to this MTB thing.

it's in my top ten list of stupid things I have done along with throwing a valuable guitar up in the air at the end of a gig in an art gallery with a stone floor.

carlosg
    Free Member

I use some stuff a mate makes! , he works in a chemical factory and one of the lab tech guys stole his Muck-Off and reverse engineered it. Guess what only an inch and a half in the bottom of the bottle is chemicals the rest is water.
    I get 10L for £5

jonahtonto
    Free Member

i dont like washing up liquid- it makes the skin peel off my hands and i have to walk around for weeks looking like ive got leprosy everytime i have to shake someones hand.

loddrik
    Free Member

You mean bikes aren't self-cleaning??

Hairychested
    Free Member

I don't wash mine, I bathe them.

Gary_C

What is this 'washing of bikes' of which you all speak??

(Wanders off confused,shaking head)

😉

RichPenny
    Free Member

The member of my riding group who cracks first and offers to clean it for me "because you should be ashamed of yourself" 😀

alpin
    Free Member

water. warm water if it's cold outside.

ermm…. that's about it plus a bit of oil or grease where it's needed.

some of you take this maintenance malarky far too seriously.

bullheart
    Free Member

My wife.

DT78
    Free Member

Most of the time, hose down after ride if really covered in crap, put in shed

Recently bikes have been suffering (prob down to above cleaning rota over winrer) so as the evenings are longer, remove chain, scrub, GT85 then fenwicks lube. Washing up liquid & spongue for the the rest of the bike. job done.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Oi Hairy! Nice duck! 😆
    Cleaning bikes……….what ever, when ever i really have to with ever's to hand.

neilforrow

soak in 'Dirt Juice'

and a bit of fork juice for the shocks

Frizzer
    Free Member

+1 for the Juice Lubes stuff above, I'm really impressed with it.
    If you give the frame a quick wazz with the fork juice it helps stop mud sticking to it.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Life is pointless without a little duck, innit?

Skoolshoes
    Free Member

Bucket of soapy water, sponge and toothbrush for the hard to get areas.
    rinse with a bucket of plain H20 afterwards.
    Petrol for the chain when it's really mucky (which is hasn't been since I started using squirt!).

Skoolshoes
    Free Member
    cheers_drive

Halfords car shampoo and car brush, then rinse before finishing with GT85 on rag. Halfords citrus degreaser on chain when needed.
    I only clean after really muddy rides and loving the dusty trail that we've had for the last month which has meant chain lubes only.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘What do you use to clean your bike ?’ is closed to new replies.