Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • What do you think? Me rude boy?
  • chewkw
    Free Member

Folks,

Do you think I am a rude boy?

Scenario:

Was ordering a PF like the one below for my training as Barista except I did not want to buy online …

(NOT this website but from one that I will not mention)

So rang the company up to see if I could pay direct/cheque. The seller said direct to bank account no problem and said once money in would despatch next day. I paid for next day delivery by the way.

Went to bank paid into the account on Tuesday at 4.45pm. Banker said money in immediately because we use same bank. Rang up seller to tell money in. Seller said he would check later.

Today Thursday still no sign of item so rang up seller asking for reason of delay as money already in. Did not swear or use harsh words simply said money in but item no here yet. He said money not in … but banker told me it was already in. (direct debit transfer by the way using same bank)

He hang up half way and later on emailed me for calling him a liar. To be frank in the last sentence of the telephone conversation I did not hear his last word and I said yes and he hang up. So I thought he could be saying “are you calling me a liar” which I answered yes.

In his email he said he did me a favour for accepting direct payment and saying I was out of order.

Question:

1) Is it that hard to take direct payment and to check his online account as business entity?

2) Do you hang up on a customer who insists on money already being paid?

3) Do you get wind up a bit when half way through the conversation the person just hang up the phone?

4) Is he right or am I being too eager to get what I paid for and his promise of next day delivery?

5) Do you think it is a favour if they let you pay direct instead of online?

😯

p/s: is seller always right?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

There is, and can ever be, only one RudeBoy.

You’re just an Impolite Young Man.

chewkw
    Free Member

Sorry … yes, I was impolite using “RudeBoy” as title. My thousand apologies.

😆 😆 😆

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Just as well as you realise that… 😈

He sounds like a bit of a cranky pants, does not in any way he.

Give him the benefit of the doubt. Banks are feckers. I paid a cheque in once, checked my balance online 3 days later, saw the funds in my account, paid a bill on the strength of that information.

Next morning, I’m in the red by the amount of the cheque, as for some reason, ittud been stopped by the payer. I then got stung for bank charges for going overdrawn without authorisation. To be fair, the bank did refund me the charges when I explained the situation, and admitted that they shoon’t have shown me having clear funds, before the cheque was propply cleared. A strange situation, but it got sorted.

Computers Humans who input data sometimes make mistakes…

chewkw
    Free Member

hhmmm … I just thought it was rude to hang up on other half way through the conversation and especially to a customer who is not swearing but asking questions.

Damn! I think I need to learn to “blame other” from now on.

😐

nigew
    Free Member

Your first mistake was to believe a bank! 😉
    Even though the cash has gone from your account doesnt mean its in theirs immediatly, it can still take up to three days, despite what the bank told you!
    He did sound a bit arsey though and very rude/ immature to put the phone down on a customer.

cynic-al
    Free Member

hold the front page!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

He did sound a bit arsey though and very rude/ immature to put the phone down on a customer.

Depends on how much of an ass the customer is being. I would suggest that, as he was doing you a favour in accepting the payment method, you should chill.

Too much coffee?

Moses

Just becasue the money had left your account, doesn’t mean it was in his. Even in the same bank.
    So he was prob telling the truth. After all, you’re expecting him to go to the trouble of checking his account to see if the money is in there when you call.

Just chill.
    Didn’t they accept credit cards or paypal?

chewkw
    Free Member

Yes, they do accept CC & Paypal but I refused to pay online for security reason as usual.

I emailed him again to explain my reasons for questioning and the way he hang up the phone to cool thing down so everything is fine now.

Personally if I am running a business I will accept all sort of payments i.e. direct etc even EURO but would never say that as doing a favour to the customer. Imagine if all customers refuse to do him a favour by buying his products he would close shop. I would see that the customers do him more favour then the other way round.

Oh ya … the description of his product as different from others and especially made for them … guess what that is complete utter bullcock! It is exactly as the pic I posted above and I could get it cheaper. I only buy from him because on his site he says his is specially made for them. What a complete utter shite. But the product is good except the way he describes it.

Yes, the bank could be at fault but I took their word for it. D’oh!

Guess what today I pulled a shot and it looked like this … woohoo!

Anyway, I am still at a lost regarding latte art … bloody thing is so hard to perfect. Been drinking at least 8 litres of milk for past 10 days.

😐

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

A nice easy way of paying into someone else’s bank account is to:

Get their account details (A/C name, sort code & A/C number)

Withdraw cash from your account

Go to a branch of their bank (or stay where you are if it’s the same bank)

Go to a Cashier and ask to pay cash into an account, but ask to verify the account name/number first

Pay the cash into the account and get a receipt

Job done and you have proof (the receipt) that it’s been done & you can fax / e-mail it over so there is no disputing that the money is there

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m with the seller on this one.

solamanda
    Free Member

I’m with the seller, if a buyer was hassling me after a bank transfer payment I’d delay to check the money is still in the account. If you want a fast service use a credit card. Why the hell are you using bank transfer with an online company?!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

You’re training to make coffee?

WTF?

And yes the seller was right, you sound like a pillock.

brant
    Free Member

My experience of doing business with you leads me to side with the seller.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Whats a PF?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yes, they do accept CC & Paypal but I refused to pay online for security reason as usual.
    Erm, I think that’s fairly unsual than usual. As for the bank transfer, the fact that you’ve deposited doesn’t mean the other person has recieved it. Anyway –

1) No, but it’s unusual, and may be slightly awkard if it’s not part of your normal order flow.

2) Yes, if you haven’t recieved it and they’re being a tit. It’s your business and you can choose who you want to have busines relationships with.

3) No idea.

4) He’s right, next day delivery *after* receipt of payment rather than receipt of order.

5) Yes.

Frankers
    Free Member

I order stuff all the time that doesn’t always turn up as promised. Are you that desperate for said PF that you need to ring chasing it and getting your knickers in a twist.

Chill out and be patient, LIFE’S TOO SHORT !!

chewkw
    Free Member

Cheesyfeet,

I did exactly that when I bought my first item.

I paid direct debit on the 2nd item at same bank and again got a receipt telling me money in immediately.

I always get receipt and always confirm with the banker money in before I move on.

Hhhmmmm … interesting responses regarding seller being right. I do not know sellers weld so much power over buyers. Now that I know I guess I need to observe them a bit more.

KINGTUT,

Tut! Tut! Yes, not easy to make a good cup of coffee and that is why some cafe survive some don’t.

Do you drink latte, cappuccino, amaricano, etc?

Where is the best cafe for you to get them?

Rockhopper,

The first pic is Portafilter aka or group handle.

IanMunro,

1) Yes, my thought is that different form of payment is still payment. Unless different payment suffering financial penalty which I doubt it in £ to £.

2) Interesting. I thought the way to diffuse the situation is simply to say “let me double check again”? I assume it’s not that difficult and get back to the buyer saying yes confirm money not in. Check with your banker again. No?

3) I guess different approach by different people.

4) Yes, if the money was not in immediately then delay.

5) So it is a favour.

This favour practice is very interesting.

So the question goes who is doing who a favour in general when dealing in business payment?

The buyer paying or the seller selling?

Or is it a mutual relationship that is dependent on each other?

Who has more power?

brant: “My experience of doing business with you leads me to side with the seller.”

Does that mean my bargaining power is stronger i.e. you need my £££, more than I need you for you to endure my different payment style?

Don’t get me wrong as I want to know honestly the exact reason you allowed me to pay in different method? After all I am nothing but a person buying one or two items. I am no bulk buyer or big spender. You can ignore me as a buyer without impacting on your bottom line. So what is the reason(s)?

All,

Do you think STW is doing you a favour by letting you use their forum?

😯

rOcKeTdOg

a skinny latte to go please (just so you can practice)

uplink
    Free Member

I really can’t read all of that but from the bits I have read you appear to be a bit ‘unorthodox’ with your purchasing methods which will always lead to issues

Do you really have to train to make coffee?
    Can’t stand the stuff myself – give me a big mug of tea any day

🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg: “a skinny latte to go please (just so you can practice)”

Skinny latte? You want proper latter with Jersey & Guernsey cow milk that give you all the taste you want.

🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

uplink: “… ‘unorthodox’ with your purchasing methods which will always lead to issues

Yes, that’s me but again I thought in business this is orthodox. i.e. as many forms of payments as you can.

Do you really have to train to make coffee?

No, if you don’t mind what coffee you drink and is willing to pay for it.

Yes, if you intend to drink a good cup of coffee and not get rip off for paying 8oz of coffee at £1.70 – £2.50.

Can’t stand the stuff myself – give me a big mug of tea any day

Yes, I need to learn that too i.e. to infuse tea properly but that will come after coffee … bloody complicated as well.

No, I don’t want to be charged £2.20 for a pot of mint tea. i.e. hot water & some herbs.

Who knows I might run my own cafe one day …

🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

D’oh! 8oz refer to the coffee cup with coffee drink in them.

🙂

uplink
    Free Member

Yes, I need to learn that too i.e. to infuse tea properly … ……. bloody complicated as well.

no it’s not

warm teapot
    put tea of choice in pot
    pour on boiling water
    wait until tea is to your liking
    pour into mug through strainer
    add milk & sugar if req

There you go – consider yourself trained 😉

brant
    Free Member

Does that mean my bargaining power is stronger i.e. you need my £££, more than I need you for you to endure my different payment style?

Don’t get me wrong as I want to know honestly the exact reason you allowed me to pay in different method? After all I am nothing but a person buying one or two items. I am no bulk buyer or big spender. You can ignore me as a buyer without impacting on your bottom line. So what is the reason(s)?

I did it as a favour. I regretted it as it became a pain in the arse.

Very happy I’m not involved in retail any more 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

uplink,

Yeap! That’s domestic ways but how about the proper tea house way? hhhhhmmmm …

brant,

What prompted you to offer the favour in the first place?

No pain no gain.

😆

rOcKeTdOg

rOcKeTdOg: “a skinny latte to go please (just so you can practice)”

Skinny latte? You want proper latter with Jersey & Guernsey cow milk that give you all the taste you want.

you’re not going to go far if you start telling potential customers what they want!, i hate the taste of full cream milk, bleuurrgh grease-tastic

chewkw
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg,

If I have a cafe house I aint going to argue with what the customers want. They can drink it how ever they want.

Okay … skinny it is for you.

😛

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Rudeboy – i assume English is not your first language?

chewkw
    Free Member

Yes, apparently skimmed milk is rather popular nowadays with commercial coffee houses as people are scare of the fat content.

😯

chewkw
    Free Member

D’oh! Just found out I paid £10 more incl of VAT & delivery.

Same product incl of VAT & delivery is cheaper at another online shop (CoffeeHit.co.uk) with “Payment – We accept all major credit and debit cards. We also accept bank transfer and personal cheques.”
    So no special favour here except standard service. hhhhmmm …

I will buy from them next time.

😯

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Good – teach you not to be so rude! (no smilie)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Rudeboy – i assume English is not your first language?

no, he does that just to annoy people (very effectively) 🙁

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Does he not realise it makes him look retarded?

chewkw
    Free Member

Are you guys referring to the real “Rudeboy” or me?

There is someone using “Rudeboy” at the top of this thread so read before post to avoid confusion.

Racing_ralph,

Common sense says everyone can communicate with broken language so what do you not understand?

By taking your assumption everyone who does not speak / write perfectly is retarded or is going to look retarded. Brilliant! Blame others for your own shortcomings. Excellent!

😆

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Does he not realise it makes him look retarded?

One amongst many on here.

chewkw
    Free Member

brant,

Serious question.

What prompted you to offer the favour in the first place?

No pain no gain <- refer to having to work hard for the money i.e. by talking difficult orders etc.

Exclude the smilie except the one for Racing_ralph.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

chewkw – Member

Are you guys referring to the real “Rudeboy” or me?

There is someone using “Rudeboy” at the top of this thread so read before post to avoid confusion.

Racing_ralph,

Common sense says everyone can communicate with broken language so what do you not understand?

By taking your assumption everyone who does not speak / write perfectly is retarded or is going to look retarded. Brilliant! Blame others for your own shortcomings. Excellent!

[:lol:]

Wasn’t aimed at you but if the cap fits?

chewkw
    Free Member

Hhmmm … anyway, back to the original question.

Why offer favour in the form of different payment method?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘What do you think? Me rude boy?’ is closed to new replies.