Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • What do you snack on between meals?
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Just writing my shopping list for tonight and need some inspiration…

Ta.

donsimon
    Free Member

Capstan full strength, keeps those hunger pangs away.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I’m really really tempted yeti, but I can sense the ban hammer swinging my way 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm, home made flapjacks.

Can’t buy them from a supermarket though.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Strong black coffee, by the litre.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Occasionally the small size nakd bars, banana bread or chocolate orange are faves.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Mitch – that’s akin to chewing gum… no matter how much you eat it never fills you up.

philconsequence
    Free Member

toMacco

miketually
    Free Member

Snack: you should be eating large enough meals not to need snacks. If you feel hungry have a black coffee or glass of water. Nuts such as almonds/brazils/wasabi peas/soyabeans are ok as a snack, but not too many; or a couple of slices of chorizo/ham, hard boiled egg

😉

binners

Kryton57

Mixed Nuts & fruit.

Failing that, coffee, bacon rolls, plain chocolate digestives, fig rolls, salt & vinigar crisps, belgian buns, almond slices, cheese, parma ham, Oats & Honey biscuits, Jaffa cakes, cocktail sausages, liquorice allsorts.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Dried apricots, small handful or raisins or youghurt coated raisins, braeburn apples with a small portion of cheese, grapes. Small piece of dark chocolate.

molgrips
    Free Member

Cheesecake and coke.

paddy0091
    Free Member

dried fruit is good, but hidden sugar. Nuts? if you’re a fan.

Kryton57

…fish fingers, toasted cheese sandwiches, muffins, Jordans meuesli, toast, Green & Blacks dark chocolate, last nights curry / pizza….

bullheart
    Free Member

Unicorn testicles.

Nutty.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Cheesecake and coke.

😆

Currently I snack on…

Nuts
    Dried Fruit
    Fresh Fruit
    Nature Valley Bars
    Peporamis
    Finger of Fudges
    Oat Biscuits
    Porridge

Yoghurt coated stuff could be a good addition.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Big bag of mixed nuts n raisens in my desk… sometime with some wasabi(sp) peas thrown in…. together with a peice of fruit.

But as I managed sub 3:30 yday for London… I’m about to tuck into toffee pudding and custard from the canteen… 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Fair play to you Ro5ey – I was hoping you’d turn up on my other thread… how are the legs feeling?

woffle
    Free Member

Dried fruit (figs, sultanas, bananas etc). Not the best as aforementioned high in sugar but in small doses…

LeeW

I’ve really got in to dried/roasted Chickpeas, you can get them whole or halved in bags from the World food area of the Supermarket – near the Bombay mix type products.

Wasabi peas are a fav too.

Hohum
    Free Member

Tesco Granola Bars – they do a maple syrup one and an oat and honey one.

Quite tasty.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Yeah good… they get stiff sitting here at the desk, but are ok once moving.

Had a cracking day … The London Marathon is the NUTZ…The atmosphere is truly wonderfull… I was sooo excited before the start I had to get myself a cup of tea and a sit down, my HR was through the roof with excitement!!

Was confident of the sub 3:30 and paced it early for sub 3:20. I did this so that when the “hurt” came (around 21mile) I could back off a little and therefore leave enough in the tank to be able to enjoy the Embankment while still posting the sub 3 1/2 time…. worked a treat, was strong at the finish enjoying the crowds/support and got 3:26:42…. perfect! (could have gone faster but wouldn’t have had sooo much fun, think I got the balance right… I can beast myself at other events this year)

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’ve just had a choc ice.

brakes
    Free Member

bananas, biscuits or a sandwich – normally ham or peanut butter.
    I mostly snack at midnight.

tang
    Free Member

Nuts and fruit. Found most of the granola and flapjacks are too sweet for me, so unless its homemade its no good. Naked bars are lush(cashew, orange and cocoa current fav I got a couple of boxes free from a friend). I also like toasted seeds slathered in tamari.
    Tbh I love biscuits(any biscuit) but have to moderate, ie with a cuppa when I get home and max of 2, as I fall into the ‘5/6+ without thinking’ camp.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Currently I snack on…

Porridge

You snack on porridge?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I have snacked on porridge in the past – brought in milk/oats and heated it up in the microwave 🙂 BTW Tricky, i’ve started taking vitamin d after not getting as much sun in Majorca as hoped. How long did you take it for before you noticed the difference? I’m not taking it in the same dose as (iirc) you did.

I snack on cherry toms, red/yellow/orange peppers, carrots, yoghurt, espresso, apples, bananas, brazil nuts/almonds, and the odd choc bar when i’m feeling weak or have sugar cravings.

brakes
    Free Member

Tbh I love biscuits(any biscuit) but have to moderate, ie with a cuppa when I get home and max of 2, as I fall into the ‘5/6+ without thinking’ camp.

worry when you get through a whole packet and wonder about going to the shop to ‘re-stock’

spacemonkey

Not much iDieting going on with you lot then …

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You snack on porridge?

It’s becoming a regular bedtime snack… mixed with peanut butter or something. Marmalade and porridge has just struck me as a great idea.

What’s this VitD lark??

edd

Bourbon biscuits…

ton

fresh air.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

More meals.

singletracksurfer

you shouldn’t have snacks between meals….which is why I just opt got another meal 🙂

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

Mainly fruit. I love chewy bananas, dried apple rings and dried mango. Sometimes I have yoghurt, also like Bounce protein balls and the gluten free Nakd bars – ginger and cocoa orange.

OK I also love chocolate, but I try not to have it as a regular snacking food!

alex222
    Free Member

today; 2 oranges, 2 apples 1 mcvities gold biscuit, 1 club and a scone with clotted cream and jam on.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Bounce Protein Balls look amazing!!

Can I get ’em in a supermarket?

binners

alex222
    Free Member

and some flying saucers

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘What do you snack on between meals?’ is closed to new replies.