Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • What do you if your mate forgets ya b'day?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Close friend, We (my wife and I) ALWAYS remember his, his wifes and his 2 daughters birthdays, get them a card and a present. They have forgotten my wives birthday twice in the last 2 years and now they just forgotten mine. I have to say I do quite a few favours for them inc bikes and computers etc (not that I do it for personal gain mind you).

Shall I?

1. MTFU.
    2. Tell my mate i'm a bit peeved (although a b'day card 1 week after ya birthday doesn't mean too much 😉 .
    3. Shrug it off but drop the birthday thing altogether.

Nick

tails
    Free Member

3. Shrug it off but drop the birthday thing altogether.

We all give to receive, right?

foxyrider
    Free Member

I think thats prob the best policy – was going to wait and see if they forget my wifes birthday in May? 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

MTFU! I regularly forget my siblings, or remember, but don't get round to giving them cards / presents for a while after.

teagirl
    Free Member

Do unto others….. Until you all have a word and say, let's drop the whole B'day thing.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Junkyard
    Free Member

Tell them how much he has hurt your feelings and say you think he does not value the friendship as much as you do…say you feel like they are taking you for granted and ask them if he still feels like he used has the magic just gone from your relationship?

Seriously are they disorganised **** who mean no snub by it or does it actually mean soomething?
    If the fromer shrug it off the later 2.

rs
    Free Member

how old are you? MTFU! 😆

ourmaninthenorth

Adults giving each other birthday presents? FFS.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

bitch-slap him 😈

foxyrider
    Free Member

Old enough to care 😉 – I know most people don't celebrate birthdays so prob don't care – think we'll just drop it – thing is they started it 😉 BTW I usually get him bike related gear and vice versa 🙂

Is it just me that get nice cards and pressies then – oh dear – some people out there are missing out then 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am always forgetting peoples birthdays – even family 'cos I am a disorganised f wit. I have even forgotten my own birthday several times.

Non of my friends really send cards / pressies for birthdays

foxyrider
    Free Member

BTW this post is a bit tongue-in-cheek 😉 Just in case peole are taking it too seriously 😉

Geronimo
    Free Member

If you're over about 18, then just get over it.

Adults seem to place too much importance on birthdays these days.

Personally, I couldn't care less about my birthday.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I think most people don't like celebrating that they are one year older – correct?

Go on guys and galls – vent that Monday frustration 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Carry on as you are. I've been sending my family pressies every year for, well, ever. For a long time I got nowt back, and my parents don't seem to ever want anything and tell me not to bother.
    But that's just tough. 😉
    They're getting something (that I've put thought and effort into, not crap) weather they like it or not, and weather I get something back or not
    😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I forgot my own 21st. What sanction should I apply ?

foxyrider
    Free Member

LOL – Hmm 🙂 SB – I would say just keep ignoring your own birthday and you won't be dissapointed 😉

uplink
    Free Member

I forgot my own 21st

Ditto here

Anyway – I don't know anybody's [outside of immediate family] birthday
    I didn't think men generally did

coffeeking
    Free Member

Not everyone puts as much importance on birthdays and many have more things to worry about I suppose. Hardly a problem. 1 or 3. I always do birthdays and presents with close family, and the family always come together to celebrate, but friends etc – a quick call or text suffices.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

1 then 3

Keva
    Free Member

I never remember anyones birthday and don't expect people to remember mine. Birthdays are pretty insignificant to me.

alpin
    Free Member

get over yourself……

it's just another day. what is there to celebrate? new wrinkles? one year closer to being dead?

cynic-al
    Free Member

simonfbarnes – Member
    I forgot my own 21st. What sanction should I apply ?

*hands SFB the service revolver*

pitduck
    Free Member

your not male are you? 😆

project
    Free Member

Foxy Rider, was my birthday not worth remembering,You didnt get me anything last year, so this year ive chosen February the 10th as my birthday so pleases end me a gift, something small and expensive.

Ohn and im still 14.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Sorry Project but I don't class you as a close mate – so nope you not in luck there – go beg something off the classifieds 😉

iDave
    Free Member

i don't think any of my mates would know when my birthday is. so if they forgot i'd have a cup of tea unknowingly.

so, 1) and 3)

foxyrider
    Free Member

thanks for the constructive comments – I think therefore its 1 then 3 🙂
    ,_~o
    _-\_<,
    (*)/'(*)
    ————————————————————————

molgrips
    Free Member

Birthdays are pretty insignificant to me.

So.. how old are you? 😉

Taff
    Free Member

3… although you could keep with the crowds and start a facebook group against him or do what we used to do at uni and sign him up to Hidden Hearing. They won't stop pestering for years!

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I forget my wife's birthday regularly (well….about once a year))

She just laughs.

Grow up I'd say 😉

lowey

After 18 I gave up on birthdays. who cares if i;m one year older.

Different for kids, they should have a fuss made over them, but for us grown ups ? who gives a shit. More things in life to worry about.

matthewjb
    Free Member

I'd ask them whether they wanted to still exchange gifts.

But the time for this conversation is just before their birthday. Not just after they've missed yours.

You can still send them a card though.

zaskar
    Free Member

Dump him, he's broke your heart and hurt your feelings.

I think you need to take one step back from the relationship. I have a pal and we never send each other cards but get the occassional call or catch up twice a year.

I never got a single card-even my Dad sneaked out to the post officee to get me one as he forgot.

I never tell pals my b'day and keep it hush so I can enjoy my day myself even GF forgot!

So I MTFU.

But if someone sent me one I would make sure I would send them one too-so I understand you're miffed.

It's your Birthday-organise a party next time? and MTFU and stop sending you pal birthday cards-they'll soon get the drift if they're not busy.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘What do you if your mate forgets ya b'day?’ is closed to new replies.