Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • What do you eat for lunch at work?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Me and my GF are trying to eat more whole foods rather than processed shit. We are both pescitarian (sp?).

i am looking for inspiration for lunches to take to work away from sandwiches and pasta – anyone here have any decent ideas?

Gary_M
    Free Member

tuna and nut salad

bigrich

noodle rolls. yum

pescitarian, that where you only eat fish? why not vegetarian? after all, the fish suffer as much as the mammals.

djglover
    Free Member

Pasta pesto spinach and tomatoes for Lunch, Porridge with honey and apple for breakfast.

I lived on that for 3 months with little variation when I was training last winter / spring.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Muesli ect…?

paule
    Free Member

I quite often cook extra the night before, and take it for lunch. Sushi type rolls are good, and easy to make once you get the knack.

Couscous with tuna, herbs, raisins, nuts or whatever you’ve got to hand works well too.

I_Ache
    Free Member

It all depends on what mood im in really.
    I will do one of the following things.
    1. McDonalds
    2. Local buttie van
    3. Chippy
    4. Local sarnie shop

All provide a variation of delicious nourishment.

HTH

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I eat all day and have a cappuccino for lunch :o)

scaredypants

pie chips & beans is my signature dish at our place – think my colleagues are running a sweep on how many years before I’m in with my 1st heartie

aw
    Free Member

Try chopped veg such as carrot sticks, celery and cucumber. you can combine these with dips.

The other options is soups. These are excellent in winter and can be thick. You can combine bread with these or leave the bread out. You can make your own or buy the cheap ones (in cans) or expensive ones (fresh in packets such convent garden). My favs are leak & potato, pumpkin and chicken & sweetcorn.

just some ideas…;-)

miketually
    Free Member

Usually sandwiches and fruit, plus sometimes a home-made cakey thing. Sandwiches are usually ham or something. So long as I take lots of fruit, I can avoid the temptation to buy a choccy bar from the vending machine.

If I don’t take lunch, the student common room serves a variety of healthy foods, such as curly fries, chips, …

ahsat

Good post as I have been thinking the same. Anyone got a good recipe of how to make noddle rolls? You can also use bulgar wheat instead of couscous.

miketually
    Free Member

Or leftovers. Leftovers are best.

fliptophead
    Free Member

Decent tins of mixed beans at Lidl – mix with tinned tuna, or mackerel fillets in white wine, add preferred salady stuff and dressing. Easily made the night before. Take plenty of fruit, fresh or dried, to avoid the munchies…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Pate De Fois Gras on melba toast
    Slow roast Partridge with a red wine jus and roast seasonal vegetables
    Cheese board
    Vintage port
    Coffee (beans flown in from my plantation every morning)

Well, either that or a jacket spud & beans

chakaping
    Free Member

Make too much dinner and take the leftovers in to heat in the microwave?

djglover
    Free Member

Vinegar, Toffos and a Curly Wurly

colnagokid

toffos! now that takes me back!

Coyote
    Free Member

You can also use bulgar wheat instead of couscous.

Bulgar wheat with mint, black olives and feta cheese makes a welcome change from egg and cress rolls,

theboatman
    Free Member

beans on 3 toast for every meal from the works canteen, and I usually slot this in twice a day, with additional chocolate from the machine. They don’t so much spread butter on the the toast more soak it in better, it’s lush. For the more concerned eater, you could go for organic beans on 3 slices of some poncy bread?

djglover
    Free Member

Do you work in a mine?

theboatman
    Free Member

LOL Nope,a hospital.

matt.bee
    Free Member

Compo shite or sub-standard reheated meals.

aleigh
    Free Member

i bring in salad, coleslaw and alernate between tuna and prawns. i have my prawns defrosting right next to me – in a tub of course! 😆

jimmy

defo left overs

xherbivorex
    Free Member

today i had broccoli, orange and sunflower seed salad. followed by a banana, a small piece of fruit cake and a pack of cherry raisins.
    all washed down with a cup of green tea w/lemongrass.

i pretty much bring some kind of salad, a banana and a pack of raisins every day. the fruit cake was a treat.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Today pate sandwiches and Christmas Cake

Normally – Baked Potato and beans/cheese or something like that

Surfr
    Free Member

last year I had sandwiches, usually with a premade filling but today I’ve had remainder of last nights carbonara and some pieces of the glazed ham I cooked yesterday.

Conor
    Free Member

Usually a sandwich or a salad. We have a microwave so I often bring in left overs. Today it’s spiced beef and home made coleslaw and sloe jelly sandwich. And a yoghurt and apple. I’m hungry now…

aleigh
    Free Member

you’re always hungry 😆

Conor
    Free Member

Sadly, that’s true!! At least I can eat what I want 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

Egg sandwich and two packets of salt and vingear crisps.
    Food of kings!

aleigh
    Free Member

yes you are very lucky!

Oggles
    Free Member

I just had two pork pies, I feel dirty. Better go and find something green in the fridge…

leftyboy
    Free Member

Two plain wholemeal pittas, bowl of homemade soup…

.. uite boring but has helped me loss 2 stone in a year!

rogerredhat
    Free Member

I have a flask (with a wide neck), into which usually goes homemade soups or lefovers from the previous night’s meal (e.g. curry, chilli, etc).

I loathe sandwiches – so rarely do I get a decent one, that I’ve given up on them.

I need to lose a stone, so i shall be back on the soup with pitta.

Oh, and I must eat more fruit – otherwise I’ll too easily give into the chocolate demon.

surfer
    Free Member

Tangerines, Bananas, Apples.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘What do you eat for lunch at work?’ is closed to new replies.