• This topic has 18 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nickc.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • what do you do with appliances? Moving house content
  • nickc

Can’t take them with me, place I’m moving to already has appliances, don’t want to scrap them, they’re brand new.

Anyone want a washing machine or a fridge? Going cheap

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Is there Freecycle in your area?

Edit: missed the brand new bit. eBay, Gumtree, adds on the local supermarket noticeboards?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Where are you?

nickjb
    Free Member

Stick em on eBay. Cash on collection.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

SW1 too far.
    🙁

nickc

Charlie, I’m in Oxfordshire.

ebay looking favourite.

Stoner
    Free Member

Oh you BASTARD!

My bro has just had to buy a new fridge (and a nearly new s/h w/m, eBay find) that he and I spent today lugging up to his new flat after being recently matrimonially evicted.

So ask around any impending divorcee candidates you might know would be my recommendation….

Ah well. 😀

bearnecessities

My fridge is slowly quickly dying, probably sucking more electricity than the rest of the house, has started making very loud cracking noises from freezer compartment and is currently failing at its core function of keeping things cold.

Unfortunately, appears you’re not very close to Leeds 🙂

rondo101
    Free Member

Have you offered to sell them to your buyers? They might be in need of appliances…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Rental or owned houses?

Ebay/Gumtree ad in the local supermarket?
    We have a local facebook buy/sell group that seems to sort of work for this stuff

cinnamon_girl

The best thing you can do is donate them to a family/families who are genuinely needy and struggling to make ends meet. Contact your local Council, they should be able to advise.

nickc

bear, I’m moving to Heptonstall on the 20th, if you can collect it, it’s yours. It’s a Fridgemaster, undercounter jobby, about 5 months old.

nickc

CG, will get in contact tomorrow, that’s a thoughtful idea

nickc

sorry Stonor. 😥

cinnamon_girl

You’re welcome Nick and good luck with your move. Quite different to the Chilts! 🙂

bearnecessities

Bloody right I can!

I’ll drop you an email, thanks.

nickc

no worries.

nickc

Bump for the day time crowd.

I’ve a washing machine up for grabs

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘what do you do with appliances? Moving house content’ is closed to new replies.