Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • what do you do on xmas day/boxing day etc?
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

odd sounding question but apart from the usal presents, turkey dinner etc, do you have a special ritual or activity/walk/ride etc you/your family do?i always find it a weird time really as after presents and the usual stuff, everywhere is closed so its only really parks/woods etc where you can go for a walk.is this what the whole country does?

what about between xmas and new year? after a sales binge, i find myself again, a bit lost for activies with my family etc..some places open,some shut.

what do you do??anything bizare/random?

steve-g
    Free Member

On xmas day we have bucks fizz for breakfast, the drink not the band, then open prezzies, then i go round my mate petes house for about 10am, have done every year since i was about 8 years old.

OldGitSurrey
    Free Member

I try and get out as much as possible on the bike. On Boxing Day, I usually go and watch the New Forest CC 10-mile time trial and chat to some mates there.

I'm not really an Xmas fan, being totally pi55ed off by the 3-month lead-up to it, so do my grouchy old bloke thang and spend hours doing non-Xmas stuff.

ton

cooked breakfast, open kids pressies, visit wifes parents, visit my mum, xmas dinner at 6pmish, sleep……………….
    exercise boxing day, either a ride, or a long dog walk.

Woody
    Free Member

I will get up at 5 AM and go to work……..just like I have done for the past 3 years 😥

Next year I'm off for the week 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

this year I shall mostly be in hospital 😥

ibis
    Free Member

Going sking, so lucky this year.

steveh

xmas day – Up breakfast, presents, xc ride at Penmachno for the last couple of years.
    Boxing day – Local dh race at foel gasnach, stopwatch timing etc but a great laugh.

teagirl
    Free Member

Wake kids (!) at 9ish, pressies and playtime. We have a gorgeous starter at lunch time then go for a 4 mile walk, main meal at 4-5ish then doze off, yet again missing the Transformers film that my youngest has asked Santa for, then have xmas pud for supper. We enjoy all the food without feeling stuffed at one sitting.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I ride my bike for baby jesus.

sagedog
    Free Member

For the last couple of years as it will be this year I will be skiing in Les Arcs. Ibis where are you skiing this year?

In the past we have been out on the trails with the bikes, dog walking, climbing and sometimes we stay at home and open stuff and pig out. Being DINKYs we have no cares as yet.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Continuous nosh-up of self-cooked tasty treats and staying mildly sozzled on refills of different types of expensive alcohol until it all goes away… 8)

Fraz
    Free Member

Ill be working.

yay

Aristotle
    Free Member

Not the outdoor extravaganza on Xmas Day that I always intend to do.

I often manage it on Boxing Day though.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘what do you do on xmas day/boxing day etc?’ is closed to new replies.