Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • What do you do on a 9 hour flight?
  • footflaps

I find it’s the other way, the more I fly the less I enjoy it / am able to tolerate it – mind you our company has gone from Business Class to Premium to Economy over the years and an overnight flight in economy is just miserable no matter what.

molgrips
    Free Member

Sorted.

Having said that, what I do on long haul flights is try to entertain and distract small children the entire time. Let me tell you, a few goes at that and you’ll WISH for nothing to do, seriously.

higgo
    Free Member

Does the Mile High Club count if one is alone in the toilet?

No, fails on one (almost certainly two) criteria:

~ with someone new
    ~ not with the crew
    ~ not in the loo

AndyP
    Free Member

Much better that you be the one who chooses when to do the disturbing IMO
    this.

fenred
    Free Member

Tip: Double dose of nightnurse and couple of large glasses of red – Sleep like a baby 😉

Houns

Neck a couple of piritins (or whatever the drowsy ones are called)

My ex works for virgin, when I’ve been on flights with her I couldn’t believe the idiots who’d stand in the gally trying to talk to the crew whilst they were trying to eat/drink! Luckily I could be very rude to them and make them leave

Rubber_Buccaneer

Sleep like a baby

You wake up screaming at regular intervals and soil yourself during the night?

tonyg2003

Flying longhaul west I only sleep if I’m feeling particularly tired otherwise, it’s the kindle/cycling mags + ipod or movie.

Flying longhaul east as soon as the food has been served I try my best to get some kip. Noise cancelling headphones and face mask. I can sleep most places and everything from 5 across the middle row East China airlines, to first class BA in the last year. TBH I don’t find business/first allows me to sleep better, just better food.

fenred
    Free Member

You wake up screaming at regular intervals and soil yourself during the night?

…Only on long-haul flights. I’ve managed to get all that under control now when I’m at home. 😀

traindriver
    Free Member

If I were to ask? I can actually sleep that long hour of travel. Eat some snacks, drink as well. Back pain will surely strike of course!

kudos100
    Free Member

9 hour flight? 30mg of diazepam, a glass of wine and a movie.

theotherjonv

just got back from Orlando so from experience:

on the way – try and entertain overexcited 5 and 7 year olds with no concept of how long a 9 hour is.

On the way back – marvel at how much space a 5yo and 7yo can take up between them while they sleep.

buttercup
    Free Member

Get ripped on cheap booze from the duty free, a heavy scotch usually does me well.
    Wake up an hour before landing.
    Job done.

GJP
    Free Member

Champagne, nuts, canapes, a glass or two of good wine, a nice meal, a movie, do a bit of celeb spotting (very few TBH) ask the crew to make uo my bed and get some sleep, ask not to be waken until the very last moment. Oh the joys of First Class travel, a nice management “perk” 😀

oliverd1981
    Free Member

The main thing is to ensure that you’re not on a flight to or from a destination where anyone with children would want to go. (San Fran and Dallas flights noticeably much better than Vegas and Orlando flights).

I like havin to sit next to the aisle and get batterred with carts full of perfume that nobody ever buys.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Did a 13 half hour flight from Manchester to Singapore Via Munich. First hour was easily dispatched by nosying out the window etc then from the Munich leg i spent time listening to my Ipod, managed to read most of a book and next min i know the sun is rising and we are an hour from Singapore. I find window seats are the best, due to being able to rest your head on the window.

Get a seat as far forward as possible to reduce the noise fatigue. Also, they actively encourage you to walk about a bit (seat belt signs off permitting) And being a twin aisle Aircraft on most Aircrafts, you can stand behind a Row of seats at the back near the toilets.

Most uncomfrotable Aircraft was a 747 – 400 as it was very cramped, however the 777 300 was a very spacious Aircraft with lovely seat pitch, even in cattle class.

Flew Business class tho on the way back from Perth to Singapore and Back to Manchester.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I take valium – lots of it*. Suppresses the inevitable air-rage due to intense boredom.

*Doctor was amazed when I revealed how much I can consume and still function :mrgreen:
    Although, I overdid it once and passed out before take-off and landed in Japan with feet so swollen I couldn’t get my shoes on!

xcstu
    Free Member

Drink and watch lots of movies 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘What do you do on a 9 hour flight?’ is closed to new replies.