Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What do you carry..
  • bedwasboy
    Free Member

Just packing for some walking and riding in the Alps, wondering what bike spares everyone carries on their rides…

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

duct tape,cable ties,chain joining link,inner tube and multi tool(one with a set of needle nose pliers on it)minimum 🙂

wukfit
    Free Member

Tube, puncture repair kit, chain tool, quick link, pump, reverb collar, couple of Allen keys + torque bits

mrblobby
    Free Member

No different to the UK really. Though I did buy a cheap rear mech to have in my pack.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Emergency condom

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

If you know your spoke lengths – tape a couple of spares to the chainstay. Can you carry a spare folding tyre – or is that too much?

federalski
    Free Member

Micro Pump
    Tube
    Multi tool
    Tyre lever
    Phone
    £10

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If you are doing bike park then tube, pump, hanger, tool.

I throw a bit more in for proper back country but not much.

antigee

£10

and a foil blanket to keep you warm sat outside while your mates nip in to spend their euros on a quick beer

timidwheeler

As I said to my boyfriend in the middle of an amazing thunderstorm way above Châtel (I remember I was putting on my waterproof smock and shorts…)

The weather in the mountains is changeable, always carry a jacket.

I’m sure he took the advice on board.

😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

True but in Morzine you can’t be more than 10mins from a dry bar with a beer 🙂

timidwheeler

10 minutes in a Morzine thunderstorm?

You’ll have drowned before you make it to a bar

My god it can rain 😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep I walked home in one!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Pump, patches, tyre patches, superglue, zip ties, bottle of chain lube, multi tool, leatherman, jellybeans and some local cash.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Tyre levers, multi tool, power links, cable ties, mech hanger, spare brake pads, inner tube, coat, mobile, energy gel, water with one of them tablet things in, Halfords puncture repair kit, sometimes a butty.

Pretty much same as in the UK really.

Back at the hotel, chalet whatever, I will also have spare shifters, a rear mech, spokes, cable and outer set too as a minimum.

bedwasboy
    Free Member

Cheers all,

Tyre patches seem like a good idea, anyone used these and did they work? Good idea about some energy food if your stuck out or delayed.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What do you carry..’ is closed to new replies.