Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • What diesel auto mpg's are you getting?
  • tonyg2003

I’m getting 40mpg on motorway runs around 100miles or so and that’s pushing it at 85ish.

Pretty much the same a my e320 cdi auto 😀

Fred
    Free Member

48-50 out of my 1.8 Mondeo TDCi, 35ish from my Freelander TD4.

ivantate
    Free Member

2004 525d auto tourer. E39 so last of the none emissions/cost friendly ones with £250 tax.

Averaging about 36mpg. Will do 40-42 on a run at anything between 75 and 100mph. 32mpg knocking about locally with a light foot.

Cold and short runs hammer any big auto.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Jeeesusss! The only way to calculate MPG is to calculate how much fuel you put in the car and then use your sat nav to calculate the actual milage that you have done. Then repeat this over the year summer to winter and calculate the average. Glancing at the on-board computer when your freewheeling downhill is fooling nobody. My wife who does a genuine mix of urban and motorway miles in her albeit still fairly new swift 1.3 diesel can just about average 50-52 mpg. When I work it out properly its about 46mpg. Speedo’s always read high and ergo the on-board MPG figures do as well.

djglover
    Free Member

Wow you guys are like, so cool.. Do you go to a lot of parties?

flap_jack
    Free Member

1994 E300D Merc estate. 34mpg. ostensibly diesel but will run on (almost) anything

john_drummer
    Free Member

Saab 9-3 TiD Estate (ok, it’s manual) on a 57 plate. I get about 42mpg on average over a tankful, commuting Shipley to Barnsley & back.

I reckon it’d be better if I lived nearer the motorway network, without having to cross Leeds/Bradford to get there. Having said that, I don’t use the M62 on the homeward leg, I tend to go more urban or the long way round; if I did use the M62, I’d still be there now 😉

Long way round adds about 10 miles but doesn’t take any longer…

djglover
    Free Member

Rock and roll..!

djglover – we all know you are the nobber who brings a 4 pack to the party and then stands in the kitchen all night being unsociable, yet somehow managing to get pissed on everyone else’s beer. In fact, who invited you in the first place?

djglover
    Free Member

I got a lift off you as I couldn;t afford the petrol

molgrips
    Free Member

Speedo’s always read high and ergo the on-board MPG figures do as well.

Cleverclogs, did you know that the odometer and speedo are independent systems on a modern car? The speedo can be calibrated differently to the odo and whatever system the trip computer uses.

nickf
    Free Member

My car tells me it’s doing 29.7mpg over the last 3000 miles. Having checked miles travelled versus actual fuel used (complete brim-to-brim) shows that the computer is accurate (if anything it’s slightly pessimistic).

Land Rover Discovery 3. Strangely, it’s about 5mpg better than my previous Disco 3 despite having 125k miles on it.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘What diesel auto mpg's are you getting?’ is closed to new replies.