Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • What did you wake up regretting? The Christmas Do
  • langylad
    Free Member

This year was quite mild for me. I did the Michael Flatley Riverdance solo on the dancefloor at the end of the night, apparently it wasn’t half bad 😀

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Waking up with the boss’s wife.

chakaping
    Free Member

The last five or six whiskies.

Northwind

chakaping – Member

The last five or six whiskies.

This. I was in pretty good shape til 2am then we went back to a colleague’s place and I accidentally got falling-over shitfaced. Worst hangover I’ve had in years the next day… Still, good night. Less people than our usual so it didn’t have the staying power of previous years but still grand. Owned the karaoke, by virtue of attempting songs that nobody else dared and yet being no worse than I would have been singing boring songs. I do a mean Beyonce.

Oh and I got bitten by a ****ing hamster. Or a gerbil or something. Some sort of jaggy rat bastard anyway.

dknwhy

Uneventful for me this year. Think I’d have to go some to beat the karaoke year when I said, “I don’t do karaoke” and then went on to hog the mic and perform 13 numbers. Everyone said it was like being at a really shit concert.

jekkyl

I woke up unable to remember any aspect of the last 3 hours of the do. Apprently I was able to hold a conversation so I wasn’t falling over being sick but that feeling of a hole in your memory is awful, I’ve spent all week worrying what I said or did, espicially as I walked a lass home who I’ve admired for years but we both married other people and had kids. She’s so nice though that even if I had let her know my true feelings she wouldn’t tell me or even mention it in the light of day. I asked her what we talked about on the way home and she said we just made polite chit chat, so in my paranoid hungover mind means I’m hanging off her shoulder dribbling ‘I’m always wanted to **** you and your *****s are lovely’ 😕 😀
    Anyway, was a good night.

langylad
    Free Member

Once snogged a much older colleague on the way home in the taxi, me 21 and her 38. There were only the 2 of us in the office the next day. Oh my lordy that was awkward

davenorth1
    Free Member

Should have nailed her in the office if no-one was there

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Once snogged a much older colleague on the way home in the taxi, me 21 and her 38.

What? You only got a snog?

porter_jamie

Oh for the days that 38 was much older. Sigh

bigjim

Not this year but in the past this has occurred
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KPEC0jQULQ[/video]

langylad
    Free Member

Funny isn’t it, felt like i’d snogged a granny at the time, I still know her and she really is a granny. Then again, I’d still snog her 😀

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with snogging grannies! I often snog a granny! (‘snog’ may not be the correct terminology)

langylad
    Free Member

As long as it;s not your own granny

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I have no story to tell Desmond wrecked our Christmas party in Dublin this year

ceepers

Not this year but an acquaintance once smashed his front teeth falling over whilst “giving his secretary a piggy back” resulting in a hefty dentist’s bill and a very uncomfortable conversation explaining it to his wife!

langylad
    Free Member

giving his secretary a piggy back

That old euphemism

langylad
    Free Member

Never smashed my teeth though

TheFlyingOx

A guy at the place I used to work at a few years ago, on the Christmas Do in Edinburgh Corn Exchange, decided that under the table was the best place to curl one out. He just came in on the Monday morning, emptied his locker and left. Never said a word to anyone.

That was the last year the company put on a free bar.

andymc06
    Free Member

This year I got hammered, missed my last train home and slept at Waterloo until the first train. Got home at 6.30am somehow missing my watch. In the dog house big time and had a three day hangover. Still it is Christmas!! 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

I got chased by a really sexy girl, so much so it scared me.

She was a bit bonkers, lovely but bonkers.

A part of me wanted her to catch me…. 😯

Northwind

The Flying Ox – Member

A guy at the place I used to work at a few years ago, on the Christmas Do in Edinburgh Corn Exchange, decided that under the table was the best place to curl one out. He just came in on the Monday morning, emptied his locker and left. Never said a word to anyone.

Either you worked for bank of scotland in about 2007, or the corn exchange is really unlucky when it comes to having people shit on the floor.

TheFlyingOx

Charles River Laboratories, 2004

toby1

Crap story really, I just drank way too much wine. Had a grim hangover Friday, worked out OK though as I went out Saturday and was happy to stay sober.

cumberlanddan
    Free Member

One of my colleagues who I hadn’t met before took a shine to me and decided that we would be the miserable bastards in the corner all night. It took at least an hour to get away then when he found me later on he nearly dragged me into a fight at the bar.

Nice chap. Glad I don’t actually work with him.

As for me the most sensational thing I managed was leaving my secret santa present behind. That could get me into trouble…

ekul
    Free Member

Nothing this year. Was home at a sensible time and in a sensible state, mainly due to my knee surgery only being the week before.

Beats last year being unable to remember the meal, being stripped on the dance floor and waking up at the apprentices flat the next morning!

Just to clarify I’m only 24 so still feel this is acceptable behaviour for a couple more years.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

This is my favourite thread of the year.

mikey74
    Free Member

I ducted out of mine to go to Uni before it got too messy, fortunately.

easygirl

Dropping a friends tampax in the boss red wine
    Then taking it out and sucking the wine out

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Classy easygirl!. 😆

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Funny isn’t it, felt like i’d snogged a granny at the time,

38? been a granny a few years in Scunthorpe

jontykint
    Free Member

I had got given a promotion on site that morning so my wife told me to reign it in a bit this year, so I had my slightly grudgingly had my coat on at 11 and handed hers to her.
    We were also going to a big 40th all-dayer house party the day after. As we were getting ready for the 40th she announced that as a well done for getting the job and for being well restrained at the Xmas do I could go “batshit crazy tonight if you want”
    I obliged
    Lost a good few hours and it was glorious
    Hangover was a riot of monkeys swinging off what seemed like every single nerve ending in my head

easygirl

I text someone the day after asking if they remembered somebody putting a tampax in a drink, I was mortified when they said it was me

MrOvershoot

Well I seem to have a picture on my phone of the big ginger lass from admin sucking one of my engineers nipples in a restaurant (he’s 67 BTW!!)
    Lots of some very scantily clad Brazilian dancers etc

And I had at least 3 bottles of red wine & a few other drinks yet felt fine the next morning?

Oh and my old boss seemed to enjoy rubbing her boobs up and down my arm while telling me how much she missed me 😮

langylad
    Free Member

Easygirl, I take it you got the job on Support Unit after that :D. Hope retirement is going ok. By the way the PDA with all the uk maps and GPS tracker I bought from you several years ago is still going strong.

sas78

Flying Ox, my wife was at Quintiles/Aptuit for years at Riccarton, wonder if that Curler ended up there after…

Epic story.

mark88

Got sat next to a couple of drips from another department during the meal so drank far too much to get through the small talk.

Instead of going home on last train as planned I went onto a club, have vague memories of swinging round a pole and dancing inappropriately then paid a silly amount for a taxi home. Missed a meeting the next day.
    All in all a successful evening.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Turning up………

90 minute drive each way (wasn’t planning to drink anyway, see the other Christmas Do thread for reasons)
    Stinking cold. Fairly crappy food.

Meh

Least it was free.

jacksprogis
    Free Member

Nothing! was out with the 50/01 crew and the syndicate. Was mental!

Teapot
    Free Member

Not lifting up the toilet lid before throwing up!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘What did you wake up regretting? The Christmas Do’ is closed to new replies.