Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • what did you do in the sun today?
  • rOcKeTdOg

100k round warwickshire for me, 5 mile car queues into Stratford! bike was deffo the thing to be on today

The two milestones ride by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

brakes
    Free Member

as is tradition on a Bank Holiday, instead of going on the ride I had planned, I sat in A&E all morning with my 1-year-old son who’d managed to dislocate his elbow.

Rorschach
    Free Member

80 mile.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

36 miles/4000ft ascent on the big MTB today, wanted to see how the new Panaracer Rampage tyres would be.
    Very tired with sore knees and a big grin 8)

simondbarnes

Great Hill by simondbarnes, on Flickr

2 or 3 hours out in the sun on my mtb 🙂

brakes – ouch!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Tiding my drive and garden, jet washing, cutting hedges and grass, quite a productive weekend .

NickScots
    Free Member

Golspie and Balblair Blacks on Saturday and Sunday. Too hot for Balblair’s tough wee climbs.

IMAG3523-1.jpg by Scotstechy, on Flickr

banks
    Free Member

Got sunburnt

LMT
    Free Member

Rocketdog, what route did you take??

Me i did a road ride, solihull to earlswoood then on to redditch, visit family then back again about 35ish miles not too bad on a hybrid, thinking of a bigger ride tomorrow.

3 day weekend ftw!! Sunday-tuesday for me 🙂

vickypea
    Free Member

Went for a short but fun mtb ride in the Peak District with my other half. We had a few goes at The Beast at Hope Cross, as my aim is to be able to ride the whole thing on my hard tail. Just need a bit more practise. After 4 attempts at one hard bit under the stern eye of my OH, I cleared it and whooped like a monkey! Could’ve stayed all day but didn’t have time. Spent the afternoon gardening with my 8 year old son, making the most of him wanting to help!

boxfish
    Free Member

Had a water pistol fight in the garden with my daughter 😀

forge197
    Free Member

20 odd miles around Cannock, washed the car, did some paperwork, bought some ice cream now sitting down relaxing, contemplating the week ahead, mindful it’s short week 😀

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Watched England vs New Zealand under 18’s schoolboy international

1-1

the ground is about 50 yards from where i live 😀

mindmap3
    Free Member

56 miles on the road bike today….and I’ve now got some shit tan lines! I’ve officially got a roadie tan! Enjoyed it though, the roads round here were pretty quiet which was nice.

I was going to go out on the MTB but decided that most of the places I ride would be heaving. I also need/want to get fitter so thought a descent (by my standards) rude in the road bike would be beneficial.

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Down to Brighouse, quick blast on the towpath to Sowerby Bridge and back (big ring and hammered it) and then home.

philfive
    Free Member

Went out with family for day and then a few beers in garden.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

this..

brakes
    Free Member

This thread makes me want to cry :sulk:

rOcKeTdOg

LMT – Member

Rocketdog, what route did you take??
    http://www.endomondo.com/routes/186248442

colournoise

@brakes. Me too. 🙁

sadexpunk

laid in garden listening to 6 music all day. barbie for tea. luvverlee.

iainc

Sat in the house with my back in spasm, 10 yr old spluttering with throat infection and scarlet fever, pishing with rain most of the day…..and hoping family health improves in time for etape Caledonia on Sunday….

munkyboy
    Free Member

Nothing, cold, windy and drizzly around Drumlamrig today. Grrrrrrrrr

hjghg5
    Free Member

65 miles in Scottish drizzle. The sun came out after I’d finished…

martinhutch

Malham to Kirkby Stephen on the Pennine Bridleway. 45 miles and 4000-odd of ascent. Fantastic weather, good dry riding.

br
    Free Member

A 30 mile local loop in the Scottish Borders on the MTB this afternoon, warm enough for short sleeves. 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

Nice 30 odd miles on a mountain bike in the hills. A bit tricky at first because I’ve not ridden one for a while but got the feel of it quickly. Lovely day for it.

nuke

Level 65 on Candy Crush

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

86 miles on the Byways of Wilts.Ridgeway/Albourne/Avebury/Roundway Hill etc.Lovely.Left MTB at Home got the trail bike out instead.Avebury was overloaded.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Five-mile morning walk with the dugs on the Hamstead estate near Newtown Creek on the Isle of Wight, in an atmospheric sea mist which the sun burned away while I was out. A truly lovely part of the world. Strangely harmonious musical accompaniment provided by ships sounding foghorns of various pitch out in the Solent.

Working since I got back though. 😥

PiknMix
    Free Member

Revised whilst being forced to listen to my Chavy neighbours shite taste in music, then I did the gardening with my lady whilst being forced to listen to my chavy neighbours shite taste in music. I then had a massive bonfire which was fun.

sambob
    Free Member

Got sunburnt.

thegerminator
    Free Member

Followed up a cracking 50 mile road
    ride in the south hams yesterday with
    a blast down and a crawl up of some of
    exmoors finest trails today epic.

chives
    Free Member

Left the house (coastal West Dorset) at 6am, spent two hours riding in thick fog before the sun broke through near Blagdon Hill, had a tool around the Quantocks before riding home. 91 miles door to door, bit toasted but had a great time. They have dust on the Quantocks, real crumbly dust! So not quite a coast to coast (& back) but not far off.

2013-05-06 11.25.00 by Uncle Monk, on Flickr

[/url] 2013-05-06 10.55.34 by Uncle Monk, on Flickr[/img]

Good for the Soul !

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Unpacked from a weekends camping in Bedgellert, and a cheeky ride this arvo.

kimbers

cwmdown uplift, until the bank holiday madness called an early close!

matt_outandabout

shoosh all of you. 520 mile drive from Aldeburgh to Loch Tay 🙁

rich-c
    Free Member

130 miles on the road bike with 2 cafe stops plus a pub stop near the end, two pints that didn’t touch the sides 🙂 Glorious weather.

rOcKeTdOg

good effort chives! *applauds*

motivforz
    Free Member

I had the most fun on the way to and back from a ride. Mx5 is definitely a bike car. Infinite loading bay.

Ride was not bad – did the croft trail in Swindon for the first time. I’m impressed with what they have, wish I had something like that a bit closer!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘what did you do in the sun today?’ is closed to new replies.